Recap: The Simpsons S 16 E 9 Pranksta Rap
Bart fakes his own kidnapping to get out of being punished for going to a rap concert without his parents' permission, but the ruse goes too far when Milhouse's father is implicated as the kidnapper and Chief Wiggum sees this as an opportunity to make a name for himself as a competent police officer.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Kirk becomes popular with women after being arrested for kidnapping. For that reason, he's among the people who don't want the truth to be revealed.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: There's a scene with Milhouse throwing a frisbee without anyone to catch it. He says it's not the same without Bart because Bart usually watches him doing it.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: When Chief Wiggum is promoted to Comissioner, he promotes Lou to Chief and Eddie to "Lou". The new "Lou" asks who the new "Eddie" will be and Wiggum says they don't need an Eddie.
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted: When Lisa asks Homer why he's destroying evidence that Bart wasn't really kidnapped, he tells her that he already sold the rights to Bart's tale for a fortune he already lost.
- Noodle Incident: The viewers are given no clue to how Homer lost the fortune he got by selling the story about Bart being kidnapped.