Recap / The Simpsons S 16 E 9 Pranksta Rap
Bart fakes his own kidnapping to get out of being punished for going to a rap concert without his parents' permission, but the ruse goes too far when Milhouse's father is implicated as the kidnapper and Chief Wiggum sees this as an opportunity to make a name for himself as a competent police officer.
- Actor/Role Confusion: When Barney Fife gives advice to Wiggum:
Barney Fife: Well, I'm wanted back on the set.
Wiggum: "Set"? Are you the character or the actor who plays him?
Barney Fife: (ominously) Now I must goooo!
Wiggum: Wait a minute, now you're a ghost?
Barney Fife: Avenge me.
- Alien Geometries: Somehow, Alcatraz has a wax museum in the basement of his limo
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Kirk becomes popular with women after being arrested for kidnapping. For that reason, he's among the people who don't want the truth to be revealed.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: There's a scene with Milhouse throwing a Frisbee without anyone to catch it. He says it's not the same without Bart because Bart usually watches him doing it.
- Broken Aesop: Lisa continuously tries to prove to everyone that lying is bad and they need to come out and have Bart confess the truth, but nobody takes her lesson to heart and would rather prefer everything would be left as it is. All of this is undone without explanation by the next episode, though.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: When Chief Wiggum is promoted to Commissioner, he promotes Lou to Chief and Eddie to "Lou". The new "Lou" asks who the new "Eddie" will be and Wiggum says they don't need an Eddie.
- Fiery Coverup:
Lisa: A shirt from that rap concert. Bart must've gone to the show. But that means Bart was never kidnapped!
Homer: Lisa, I'm very glad you brought me this. I'll see that it gets to the proper authorities. (throws it in the fireplace)
Lisa: Dad! Why did you do that?
Homer: Hollywood producers have paid me a fortune, which I've already lost, for the rights to Bart's story. So I have to destroy anything that proves that story's not true. (takes off his shirt and throws it in the fireplace)
Lisa: Why did you burn up your shirt?
Homer: What shirt? I don't see any shirt. Burn the truth! Burn the truth!
- A Fool and His New Money Are Soon Parted: When Lisa asks Homer why he's destroying evidence that Bart wasn't really kidnapped, he tells her that he already sold the rights to Bart's tale for a fortune he already lost.
- Fun with Acronyms: Homer tells Marge that when Bart gets home, he's gonna be N.W.A.: "Not without ass-welts."
- Gasshole: One of Bart's impromptu raps:
Bart: You can trace my remorse to its supersized source: / A hungry, hungry hypocrite named Homer, of course / My old man's pathetic, damn, is his head thick, / the gas from his ass is carcinogenic!
- Irony: Despite being framed for kidnapping Bart, Kirk is much happier in prison: It's nicer than his crappy apartment, and he suddenly has a fanbase of women attracted to prisoners.
- It Works Better with Bullets: When Wiggum pulled his gun on Alcatraz only to have the rapper's entourage drawing their guns on him, he comments that his gun is not even loaded.
- Noodle Incident: The viewers are given no clue to how Homer lost the fortune he got by selling the story about Bart being kidnapped.
- Piss-Take Rap: When Homer and Marge forbid Bart from going to the rap concert, they put in a way he can understand: Rap.
Homer: You did it on the straight, got your dad's permission / But your mom dropped a bomb, so I flipped my position!
Marge: Don't argue with Marge, I know what's best. / The only rap in this crib keeps sandwiches fresh! / Fresh, fr-fresh for Mommy's baby boy!
Homer: Ba-ba-ba-baby boy!
- Potty Failure: After Milhouse complains that Bart framed Kirk for kidnapping:
Bart: if you tell anyone, I'll tell the world you wet your pants watching Harry Potter.
Milhouse: I wasn't scared, I was just peeing!
- Snowball Lie: Bart lying about being kidnapped by Milhouse's father: it makes Chief Wiggum rise to Commissioner, Milhouse's father becomes popular with the ladies (while at prison) and receives more meals a day, and Bart becomes friends with Alcatraz.