Recap / The Simpsons S 16 E 7 Mommie Beerest
When Moe's Tavern is shut down by the health department, Homer takes out a second mortgage without consulting Marge to finance the barís return, but Marge finds out and decides to protect her investment by becoming Moe's business partner and renovating the tavern into a pub.
- Ascended Meme: Homer calls himself "Jerkass Homer," the disparaging nickname given by the show's fans for his post Season 9 character.
- Blatant Lies: One week after a sanitary inspector died at Moe's, Moe said his corpse was still there because the garbage was collected at Wednesdays.
- Driven to Suicide: Moe, to the point the suicide hotline has to block his calls.
- Karmic Death: Moe had a friend who used to work as a sanitary inspector and overlook Moe's irregularities. He died by eating one of Moe's eggs.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Homer won't visit Marge's mother because he hates her (which was established on "Bart vs. Thanksgiving," but at least Marge's mom is civil towards her son-in-law, which is more than anyone can say for Patty and Selma, who always insult him, undermine him, tries to convince Marge to break up with him and take the kids, and have tried to kill him twice).