Recap / The Simpsons S 15 E 6 Today I Am A Clown
Krusty discovers that he never had a bar mitzvah as a child. He quits his show to have it as an adult, with the help of his father, Rabbi Krustofski. Meanwhile, Homer hosts a late-night talk show as a replacement for Krusty's show.
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: At Fox again.
- Continuity Nod: Dr. Hibbert reveals Santa's Little Helper had impregnated his dog, Rosa Barks. Afte he leaves, Lisa reminds everyone that Santa's Little Helper was supposedly neutered the last time he had puppies. As she says this, she was reading the first Simpsons episode guide, The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family.
- Flashback: Homer explains what happened when he took Santa's Little Helper to get neutered, saying he took him for one last night out on the town, then couldn't bring himself to go through with the neutering, making Santa's Little Helper promise not to have sexual intercourse with any more dogs from then on.
- Imaginary Friend: Lisa knows a lot about Judaism since she used to have a Jewish imaginary friend named Rachel Cohen. Rachel shows up as a murderous spirit in the "Treehouse of Horror XXVII" story "BFF R.I.P.".
- I Will Show You X: Homer exclaims "I'll audience you!" as he stranges Bart, after Bart tells him he lost his stranglehold on the audience for not taking his advice to live fast, die young, and leave a big fat corpse.
- Money, Dear Boy: The reason Mr. T agreed to work on Krusty's televised Bar Mitzvah.
- This raises and (shakily) explains Fridge Logic as to why Mr T, who is Christian, is performing a Jewish ceremony.
- Never Recycle Your Schemes: Maggie locked herself inside the bathroom. Homer attempts to use a coat hanger to unlock the door, only to fail due to his incompetence. Bart then tries using Homer as a battering ram, until Lisa used the coat hanger again and got Maggie out.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: After Homer becomes a sucess by talking about things that appeal to the average man. Lisa gets him to use his newfound fame to talk about the 'important issues'. It's doing this that causes his fanbase to turn from Homer and his star plummets.
- Off Model: At the end of the episode, Patty and Selma are given pointy noises as opposed to their usually round ones.
- This Explains So Much: When the Hibbert family sees Homer strange Bart on TV, Dr. Hibbert comments, "So, that's why Bart has all those broken tracheal bones. Tight bow tie, my ass!"