Recap: The Simpsons S 15 E 5 The Fat And The Furriest
Homer is publicly humiliated after footage of him running from a bear is put on the news.
This is one of only two episodes to be animated by Toonzone Entertainment
(the other being season 16's "She Used to Be My Girl").
- Androcles' Lion: Homer removes a radio tracking device from the bear's ear, making the bear friendlier with him.
- Bears Are Bad News: The bear that attacks Homer at the dump, but it eventually gets subverted. Played straight, though, with all the other bears in Homer's hallucinations...including the Care Bear.
Homer: Are you a Care Bear?
Care Bear: (Tapping a crowbar in his hand) I'm an intensive Care Bear.
Homer: Why does a bear need a crowbar?
Care Bear: Eh, I don't like to get my hands dirty.
- Be Yourself: According to Homer, this is the Central Theme behind Moby-Dick.
- Dramatic Gun Cock: Parodied.
- Face Death with Dignity: While briefly believing the bear would kill him, Homer decided there was no need to worry about the harms of smoking so he decided to try it until the bear took away his pipe.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: While guiding the bear to a wild life sanctuary, Homer notices some hunters and comes up with some ideas to protect the bear. He explains one of his ideas by drawing a knife and commenting that the hunters are looking for a male bear.
- Jewish Mother: Referenced.
- Too Dumb to Live: Homer with the device that gave the bear shocks.
- What the Hell, Townspeople?: Everyone mocked Homer for the bear incident. It's not as cruel as what they did to Bart on "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace," "The Boys of Bummer," and "Bart's Girlfriend," but it's pretty close and shows just how petty the townspeople can get.