Recap: The Simpsons S 15 E 14 The Ziff Who Came To Dinner
The Simpsons go on a late-night attic search after Bart and Lisa (who are freaked out over a horror movie Homer let them watch) begin hearing voices—and find Marge's ex-prom date Artie Ziff, who's on the run for cheating the shareholders of his company.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Ziff.
- It's All About Me: Artie Ziff before Marge called him out on that.
- Heel Realization: His reaction afterward.
- Jerkass: Artie Ziff. He breaks into Homer and Marge's house, squats in their attic and tricks Homer into becoming majority shareholder of ZiffCorp so he'll be arrested for Artie's crimes.
- Patty and Selma, but what else is new? When they find out that Artie got Homer thrown in jail, Selma has sex with Artie to celebrate.
- Missing Steps Plan: The moment Artie Ziff told the Simpsons he was a dot-com billionaire, they already understood how he went broke.
- Riches to Rags: Artie after the bubble burst.
- Stalker with a Crush: Artie's this to Marge. After the family finds out that he's been living in their attic since he went broke, he explains that he did it because Marge is the closest thing he's ever had to true love—but Marge is quick to point out that she and Artie only had one date together and that he almost raped her on the night of their high school prom.
- Too Dumb to Live: Artie didn't realize how his fellow inmates thought about his plan to save them from smoking.