- All Girls Want Bad Boys: And somehow, she chose Snake over Burns.
- Continuity Nod: Mr. Burns' past accomplishments: He ran his own casino, Stole the Loch Ness Monster, Got shot by a baby and Blotted out the sun.
- In Memoriam: This episode is dedicated to George Harrison, who appeared as himself in "Homer's Barbershop Quartet".
- Let's See You Do Better: Homer is challenged to do so after criticizing the fortunes his family reads at a Chinese restaurant. He succeeds.
- Off Model: Because of his Obviously Evil design, the animators had difficulty showing Mr. Burns looking happy, which meant that they had to completely overhaul his design throughout the episode e.g. sometimes showing him without his eyebrows◊.
- Pistol Whip: Snake threatens to do this to Homer, but Homer assumes that it's eating whipped cream with a pistol.
- Shout-Out: Mr. Burns and Gloria eat spaghetti like Lady and the Tramp.