- All Girls Want Bad Boys: And somehow, she chose Snake over Burns.
- Continuity Nod: Mr. Burns' past accomplishments: He ran his own casino, Stole the Loch Ness Monster, Got shot by a baby and Blotted out the sun.
- In Memoriam: This episode is dedicated to George Harrison, who appeared as himself in "Homer's Barbershop Quartet".
- Let's See You Do Better: Homer is challenged to do so after criticizing the fortunes his family reads at a Chinese restaurant. He succeeds.
- Pistol Whip: Snake threatens to do this to Homer, but Homer assumes that it's eating whipped cream with a pistol.
- Shout-Out: Mr. Burns and Gloria eat spaghetti like Lady and the Tramp.