Recap: The Simpsons S 13 E 13 The Old Man And The Key
Grampa dates an old woman who only likes him because he has a driver's license.
Tropes (YMMV tropes can be found here):
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Abe gives Zelda one after meeting up with her again in Branson.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Abe uses "Woohoo!" multiple times in this episode.
- Gold Digger: Zelda
- Inexplicably Identical Individuals: In Bronson, Missouri, everyone looks and talks like Charles Bronson.
- Just the Introduction to the Opposites: Abe acts like a wild teenager while Homer acts as the stern father.Homer: He has to learn the way my dad made me learn.Marge: He is your dad!Homer: (beat) Cosmic.
- Parenting The Parent: Homer of all people has to take up this role when Abe acts like a teenager who thinks they're in love and reacts accordingly when Homer and Marge call him out on staying out all night with the car.
- Puff of Logic: Abe finds Tennessee Ernie Ford backstage and informs him that he's dead. When he shows Ford his own obituary, Ford suddenly crumbles into dust.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "Abraham J. Simpson, you are never! Driving! Again! EVER!
- And for added effect, the camera cuts closer to Homer's pith with each punctation.
- Shout-Out: One to The Munsters, and at the end credits, The Beverly Hillbillies.