Homer gets into the Internet by becoming an online gossip columnist-cum-conspiracy theorist, whose stories land him on a bizarre island for people who know too much (and is modeled after the one from the TV show The Prisoner).
- Black Comedy: Ned, reading Homer's website, is happy to hear he was right about flu shots being mind-control serums. He then asks a bedridden, sickly Rod and Todd if they're happy he didn't get them vaccinated. The two shiver and agree, and then Todd says, "Mommy?" On the commentary, the writers wondered if they went too far with that gag.
- Cassandra Truth: Homer's flu vaccination "rumor"note , which he made up, turns out to be true.
- Fake Crossover: Patrick McGoohan guest stars, reprising his role as Number 6. Apparently the reason why he was imprisoned was due to inventing a bottomless peanut bag.
- Gainax Ending: The whole Simpsons family end up on The Island.
- Noodle Incident: Bart once got suspended from school because he had a knife in his locker.
- Skewed Priorities: Homer believed stale bagels to be more important than Krusty's involuntary manslaughter cases.
- You Are Number 6: Provides the page image. Homer rubs it in Number 6's face when he's named Number 5.