Marge breaks her leg at a ski resort, forcing Lisa to try to take care of Homer and Bart.
- Irony: Marge was the only one who refused to go outdoors while at the ski resort and she was the only Simpson to break a leg.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: The ghost of Lucille Ball comes to help Lisa deal with Bart and Homer.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Trope Namer.
- Only Sane Girl: Lisa
- Took a Level in Jerkass and Artistic License - Biology: Lisa using green paint and oatmeal to simulate leprosy scars (even though the skin-rotting lesions on a leper would actually be red and brown). Granted, Homer and Bart were being obnoxious, but that's a bit harsh.
- Shout-Out: Lisa quotes "Excellent" like Homer's boss, Burns.
- Trash of the Titans: The Simpson house is, once again, trashed while Marge is away (see also: "Homer Alone"note , "Marge in Chains," "$pringfield (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)," and "Bart After Dark").