The Simpsons are forced to go to a ski resort to make use of the skis they bought, but never used. While Homer gets hit in the groin by moguls after being distracted by the mental image of Flanders' butt in a skintight ski suit and Lisa nearly gets attacked by deer, Marge ends up the one being injured when a cuckoo clock falls on her leg. While Marge is laid up in the hospital, Lisa steps in as her replacement — and realizes that it's a lot of work in cleaning up after the slovenly Homer and Bart.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Lisa quotes "Excellent" like Homer's boss, Mr. Burns, when Homer and Bart are convinced they have leprosy.
- Irony: Marge was the only one who refused to go outdoors while at the ski resort and she was the only Simpson to break a leg.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Lisa when she discovers Homer and Bart have gotten sent to a leprosy treatment facility by the Flanderses.
- Only Sane Girl: Lisa.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Trope Namer.
- Third-Person Person: Disco Stu's habit backfires while hitting on Marge.Disco Stu: Disco Stu wants you to be comfortable while he does his thang.Marge: Who's Disco Stu?
- Took a Level in Jerkass and Artistic License – Biology: Lisa using green paint and oatmeal to simulate leprosy scars (even though the skin-rotting lesions on a leper would actually be red and brown). Granted, Homer and Bart were being obnoxious, but that's a bit harsh.
- Trash of the Titans: The Simpson house is, once again, trashed while Marge is away (see also: "Homer Alone"note , "Marge in Chains," "$pringfield (or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)," and "Bart After Dark").