After Homer saves Mark Hamill
and Mayor Quimby from a nerd riot at the Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con, Mayor Quimby fires his usual bodyguards (who didn't save him because they were outside cloud-gazing) and makes Homer his new protector, but when Homer finds out that Mayor Quimby has mob ties and uncovers a plan to sell rat's milk to the public schools, Homer begins fearing for his life — and the Mayor's.
This episode contains examples of:
- Acting for Two: Mark Hamill plays himself and bodyguard instructor Leavelle.
- Adam Westing: Mark Hamill.
- Big "NO!": Discussed at bodyguard school.
Leavelle: Okay, listen up. My goal is to assassinate that watermelon. Your job is to take the bullet. Go! (Homer runs) Go, go, go! (imitating gun) Pow!
Homer: (monotonously) Nooo...
Leavelle: Well, your dive wasn't bad, but I just didn't believe your "Noooooooo!!". You gotta sell it! Remember, your "Noooooooo!!" is what gets you your next job. Now drop and give me twenty!
- Comically Missing the Point: When Homer reveals that Fat Tony is selling rat milk to Springfield Elementary.
Mayor Quimby: Rat?! You promised me dog or higher!
- Corrupt Politician: When Quimby claims the mayor's office is not for sale, everyone just starts laughing at him.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty: Leavelle.
- Fat, Sweaty Southerner in a White Suit: Leavelle.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: At the bodyguard school graduation, Leavelle sings them off with the theme from The Bodyguard ("I Will Always Love You").
- Improvised Weapon: As Homer fights Fat Tony's gangsters.
Mark Hamill: (strained) Homer, use the for...
Homer: The Force?
Mark: The forks! Use the forks!
- New Job Episode
- Noodle Incident: How Legs got his nickname. It apparently had something to do with Joseph Kennedy.
- Oh, Crap: "CRAP ON A CRUTCH! THEY'RE MILKING RATS! RATS!"note
- Production Foreshadowing: At Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con, Uter is shown wearing a Futurama t-shirt three months before Futurama actually premiered.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Bodyguard instructor Leavelle told his students they're not suited to be bodyguards but they pass because their checks have been cashed in.
- Shout-Out: To Star Wars. See Improvised Weapon above.
- One of the signs at the convention is for Roswell of Bongo Comics.
- Truth in Television: Hamill says of the lightsabers, "Y'know, George Lucas makes me pay for these." On the DVD Commentary, he claims there's some truth to that.