Recap: The Simpsons S 10 E 3 Bart The Mother
Bart's troublemaking claims the life of a bird, and in repentance, he decides to take care of the eggs in its nest — until he learns that the abandoned baby birds are actually reptilian pests who feed off birds.
- Accidental Aiming Skills"You even compensated for the crooked sight!"
- The Atoner: Bart, after Marge punishes him by neglecting him and Bart realizes that he made orphans out of the eggs in the nest.
- Disappointed In You: Marge, after Bart kills the bird, and just ignores him.
- A Million Is a Statistic: Played for Laughs towards the end:Lisa: I don't get it, Bart. You got all upset when you killed one bird, but now you've killed tens of thousands, and it doesn't bother you at all.Bart: Hey, you're right ... I call the front seat!Lisa: You had it on the way over!
- Running Gag: Homer falling downstairs into the unlit basement.
- So Proud of You: After Bart reveals that he began taking care of the dead bird's eggs, Marge looks a bit disapproving at first... but then she smiles and gives Bart a hug.
- Suck E. Cheese's and Noodle Incident: According to the sign outside, the Family Fun Center was once seen on the FOX reality special, "When Disaster Strikes 4." Viewers aren't given more information on how and why the Family Fun Center was featured there.
- Summon Bigger Fish: Done 4 times in a row. After Bart releases the lizards to prevent them from being killed, Skinner warns him he has no idea what he has unleashed... and later changes his tune because the lizards wiped out the pigeon population, which the town considered a plague.Skinner: Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?Skinner: No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.Lisa: But aren't the snakes even worse?Skinner: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.Lisa: But then we're stuck with gorillas!Skinner: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Marge's reaction upon learning Bart shot the bird.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Nelson inflicts this on Bart.