Homer, his buddies, and Bart head out to see the Super Bowl
while Marge and Lisa paint eggs with an old kit endorsed by Vincent Price.
- Adam Westing: Rupert Murdoch
- Biting-the-Hand Humor: News Corp. owner Rupert Murdoch, played by the real man introduces himself as "Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire tyrant!".
- Bowdlerization: In yet another joke that pissed off The Catholic League after its premiere (see "Lisa Gets an A"), the Super Bowl commercial featuring three sexy ladies servicing a man's car had "Catholic" removed from the tagline, "The Catholic Church: We've made a few...changes" on all reruns (including Sky One's UK airing and barring American syndication) and from the English subtitles on the season 10 DVD set.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The phony Super Bowl tickets have been exposed as fakes for three reasons: (a) they don't have an authenticity hologram, (b) the teams mentioned on them don't exist, and (c) they've been printed on graham crackers.
- Shout-Out: The Catholic Church commercial spoofs the music video for ZZ Top's "Legs".