Recap: The Sarah Jane Adventures S2 E9-10 "The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith"
Sarah Jane and the gang discover a fissure in time, leading to the day of August 18, 1951, the day that Eddie and Barbara, Sarah Jane's parents died in a car accident, while Sarah Jane herself as a baby was left in her pram on the side of the road. Luke thinks that it is a trap, but ends up following Sarah Jane through it anyway. She uses her Sonic lipstick to deactivate their car, and suddenly a storm begans to brew.It turns out that it is a trap, set by none other than the Trickster, because the death of her parents was a fixed point in time, and the altering of it smashed open the Web of Time, allowing the Trickster to manifest himself on Earth.
- BBC Quarry
- Changed My Jumper: Averted by Sarah Jane, who dresses in period clothing. Played straight by Rani, who arrives wearing contemporary clothing, and has a woman remark after she leaves " Is that really what they're wearing in the Punjab?"
- Continuity Nod: Sarah Jane describes her Aunt Lavinia as "never in one place long enough to lick a stamp". In Lavinia's only TV appearance, she said the same thing about her neice.
- Crapsack World: The alternate future created by the Trickster
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Saving the future from the Trickster seems like a pretty good reason.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Idiot Ball: Sarah Jane of all people carries it when she falls for the obvious trap in the beginning. Not necessarily when she travels back in time to just have a look at her parents, but definitely the moment she disables their car to prevent the accident that kills them. She traveled with the Doctor and had her timeline tampered with before, so she should know that this is a very bad idea.
- I'm Mr. Future Pop Culture Reference: Victoria and David Beckham
- Kid from the Future
- Newspaper Dating
- No Equal Opportunity Time Travel: Briefly touched upon by Rani. Basically says "Yes, racism in the 50's. Now back to the plot!"
- Recycled Script: Basically the same plot as the Doctor Who episode "Father's Day."
- Schmuck Bait: The Trickster's trap
- Stable Time Loop