Recap / The Sarah Jane Adventures S1 E9-10 "The Lost Boy"
A news report on a family searching for their son, Ashley, who has been missing for five months, brings shock to Sarah Jane, for the missing boy Ashley looks exactly like Luke. Mr Smith compares their DNA, and confirms that Luke and Ashley are genetic matches, claiming Luke was not 'grown' by the Bane, but was kidnapped and experimented on.
Chrissie Jackson calls the police and reports Sarah Jane as a child abductor. Luke is released into the custody of his 'real' parents, Jay and Heidi Stafford, and Sarah Jane is arrested, only to be released by intervention of UNIT. Mr. Smith informs Sarah Jane that a research facility, called the Pharos Institute has been experimenting with psychic energy, engineered from alien tech. At the institute, she encounters a boy genius, named Nathan Goss, for whom she feels strangely uncaring.
Back at the Stafford's house, Luke is introduced to his room, and is suddenly locked inside by his 'parents'. Mr. and Mrs. Safford turn on their television and report to a being they call "the Xylok", saying that they have captured Luke.
- Adult Fear: The set up is discovering Sarah Jane accidentally kidnapped her adopted son and having her child taken away, only for him to be mistreated. It's honestly kind of terrifying.
- A.I. is a Crapshoot: Mr. Smith is the Xylok, and he's evil.
- Fun with Acronyms: MITRE
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: What Alan does to Mr. Smith, making him into a good guy.
- Tear Jerker: Sarah Jane telling Luke that being back with his real parents will be the best thing that ever happened to him, but it's easy to tell that her heart is breaking.
- When Sarah Jane is arrested, she mouths "I love you" to Luke, who is visably distraught.
- Toilet Humor: Averted, the Slitheen have used advanced compression tech to hide inside the skins of the very skinny Stafford couple and Nathan Goss.
- The Trap Parents
- Wham Episode
- You Killed My Father: Korst, the young Slitheen boy from Revenge of the Slitheen disguised himself as Nathan Goss, and wanted to drain Luke of all his psychic energy, as revenge for his father, Kist being killed by his own machinery, although he didn't realise that Sarah Jane actually tried to save them both.