This review contains examples of:
- Awesome Music: Shyamalan's character is introduced with some of Ennio Morricone's score from The Mission.
- Felony Misdemeanor: Critic calls out the plot of the movie by using a clip from Scary Movie 3 and yelling that that the movie made Charlie Sheen right about something.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "Stopped, come to a halt, by a fucking...pan...try...DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR!!!!!"
- Rule of Three: Critic repeats the "Door!" scream three times before passing out.
- Running Gag: "It's like it was meant to be."
- Inserting a wacky sound in pointless panning shots.
- Shout-Out: Critic says the the alien Graham saw in the field is Kermit the Frog.Critic as Kermit I see you haven't subscribed to the Muppet YouTube channel yet. Don't make shove a rainbow connection up your ass! It's not easy being dead.
- Take That!: The Critic makes a rant against God for the whole setup of Graham's wife dying to protect them from aliens.
- Too Dumb to Live: Critic calls the aliens this when he finds out that the aliens weakness is water.Critic: Yeah, it's like acid to them. One drop hurts them like crazy. Hmm, probably should have thought that through before attacking a planet MOSTLY COVERED IN WATER!!!