This review contains examples of:
- Big "WHAT?!": Critic does this when he finds out that Peter Fonda and Alec Baldwin are in a Thomas the Tank Engine movie, though it cuts off before he can finish it.
- Continuity Nod: When Critic points out that Mr. Conductor and Junior are actually cousins, he says that if the Mario brothers can be father and son, anything is possible.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Parodied. When Mr. Conductor "thanks" the audience for their participation, Critic starts to freak out wondering if he's all Alec Baldwin's delusion.
- Innocent Innuendo:Diesel: I'm gonna destroy her and dominate you!Critic: Whoa! Keep it in the bedroom, Diesel!
- Running Gag: "It's Thomas the FUCKING Tank Engine!"
- "Fuck yeah, sparkle-sparkle-sparkle!"
- Critic calls Mr. Conductor Bob the Builder's lobotomized grandfather.
- Critic shows how Alec Baldwin reacted when Percy came in late by running an audio clip of his infamous phone rant to his daughter.
- A scream from The Ren & Stimpy Show plays as Diesel throws Mr. Conductor onto a pile of sacks.
- "Prepare to meet Amtrak! IN HELL!"
- Take That
- Critic calls Mara Wilson "Hayley Joel Osment with a wig".
- When making fun of Mr. Conductor Breaking the Fourth Wall to encourage Audience Participation, Critic shows a clip of Edward saving Bella and congratulating her audience for it before saying "For shame!".
- Critic calls the film's climax buildup a kids' version of Memento.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: In-Universe. The Critic's biggest complaint towards Peter Fonda's performance is that he's acting like a character in an austere Oscar Bait drama instead of "Thomas the FUCKING Tank Engine!"
- We Want Our Depressed Guy Back: After Peter Fonda's character is happy once more, Critic wishes he was back to being depressed.
"Because the magic you refused to believe in will get the better of you."