Recap: The Nostalgia Critic S 1 E 25
August 25, 2008Series: Saved by the Bell
This review contains examples of:
- Actually Pretty Funny: When the narrator says fate was waiting outside Zack's door, meaning a man with the last name Fate.
- Awards: After Zack's racially insensitive "family roots" report:
Critic: And the award, for most awkward, racially insensitive moment in Saturday morning history goes to... Saved By the Bell!
- Big Word Shout / Skyward Scream: "OOOIIIIIILL!!!"
- Description Cut: When The Critic notes that Elizabeth Berkley stars as Jessie in the series, he mentions that she was also in the NC-17-rated Showgirls.
Jessie: Auctioning off dates is sexist flesh peddling and should be strictly forbidden.
(cue footage of Showgirls)
- Die Laughing: While setting up the clip of Zack's bizarre hairstyle and outfit, he warns the audience that this clip has been known to kill people from being so funny.
Critic: Just remember to breathe: Inhale, and exhale.
- Not Helping Your Case:
Critic: That's right kids, just remember: OIL. IS. EVIL. I mean, what the hell do we need oil for anyway? ...Oh yeah to run our cars. But there's tons of other natural energy resources to run our cars! Like solar! ...Which is practically nonexistant. So there's hybrid! ...Which is far too expensive for anyone to afford. But there's electric! ...Which is still in the developing stages. So for the time being I guess we're stuck with... oil. EVIL, NASTY OIL! It kills ducks.
- Overly-Long Gag: The Critic laughing hysterically at Zack's ridiculous hairstyle/outfit in one episode.
- Review Ironic Echo:
Critic: But if I was to sum up this show in one word, I would say that it's...
Critic: And then some.
- Unintentional Period Piece: He notes the oddity that the show feels like one for the '80s, despite being from the '90s.