There's a new vigilante in Gotham called "The Judge", who's bent on getting rid of the criminals, but uses lethal force.
- Dirty Coward: J. Carroll Corcoran
- Second Super-Identity: Batman faces a new vigilante in town who calls himself "The Judge", who is going after the city's criminal element and has a more violent manner of dealing with them. Batman tries to stop him as he targets Two Face, only to find out at the end that The Judge is really a new multiple personality of Harvey Dent.
- Tomato Surprise: The Judge is Harvey Dent, repressed by Big Bad Harv for so long that he developed into a third personality.
- Unwilling Suspension: Raven and Lark (the Penguin's female bodyguards) hanging bound and gagged from the ceiling after being subdued by the Judge.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Judge, who is determined to punish the criminals and corrupt of Gotham City.