Recap: The New Batman Adventures E9 "Love Is a Croc"
Mary Dahl, formerly Baby Doll, is seen reformed and working as a hotel clerk. After being pestered by a rude tourist, she goes to her room to watch TV. Waylon Jones, Killer Croc, has his trial on air where he remarks about being driven to crime for being "different". He's sentenced to be transferred from Arkham Asylum to Blackgate Prison, and his attempted escape during the trial is thwarted by Batman. Mary visits Croc at the asylum, feeling a kinship which develops into something more. During Croc's transfer, Mary becomes Baby Doll again and frees him. The two go on a crime spree together as "the new Bonnie and Clyde". While Batman and Batgirl are on the case, Baby Doll overhears Croc out on the town that he's just using her and plans to ditch her after they've gotten enough money. Heartbroken, Baby Doll presents a new plan to set the nuclear plant to critical in Gotham. Croc figures it's to ransom the city, but Mary reveals she intends to kill everyone, Croc and herself included. Batman and Batgirl are able to avert the catastrophe while Baby Doll and Killer Croc are arrested again.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Baby for Killer Croc.
- Driven to Suicide: After finding out Croc was using her, Baby-Doll plans to blow up Gotham, taking Croc and herself with it.
- Girlish Pigtails: Part of Baby Doll's redesign. It makes her look a lot like Angelica.
- Hot Skitty-on-Wailord Action: Batgirl wonders what Killer Croc and Baby-Doll do during a date. Batman DOES NOT want to think about it.
- Instant Sedation: Both played straight and subverted. The shot Batman gives Croc after his first escape attempt puts him down pretty fast, but the one Baby-Doll gives him in the final fight doesn't. Possibly justified in that the latter is administered to his ankle and would thus take longer to circulate into his system.
- It Will Never Catch On: Killer Croc reveals a newspaper with Bruce Timm's picture on the front, along with the headline "B.T. Quotes: DVD the Next 8-Track." That's a swing and a BIG miss there.
- Just Between You and Me: Croc admits to some floozy that he doesn't love Baby-Doll and is just using her, unaware that she's listening.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: The one tourist who recognized Mary Dahl wouldn't stop pestering her about her old acting gig and her criminal history, so she slams his head into her book.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Much like her last episode, Baby-Doll knows when to give up when the odds are against her.
- Mad Love
- Not So Stoic: See Hot Skitty-on-Wailord Action above. Batman, who has fought mobsters, psychos, ecoterrorists, schizos, immortals and mad scientists is Squicked out by the thought of what Baby-Doll and Croc do when not committing crimes.
- Outlaw Couple
- Prim and Proper Bun: Baby has one when she's trying to look grown-up.
- Superman Stays out of Gotham: Justified by one of the newspapers describing Croc and Baby Doll's crime spree — a side headline in the Daily Planet says "Superman Has Hands Full".
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Did Batgirl fix the reactor or not? This was lampshaded by her when she get's started.Batgirl: In a few minutes, you will know or won't care.
- Woman Scorned: Baby-Doll does not take being used well.