There's a new vigilante in Gotham called "The Judge", who's bent on getting rid of the criminals, but uses lethal force.
- All Crimes Are Equal: A vigilante called The Judge (a faceless British judge, complete with a powdered wig atop his cloak), believes that criminals who avoid prosecution must be privately killed for justice to be served. A Gotham City councilman who wants to appear tough on crime likes this attitude, and begins cooperating with the Judge. This alliance backfires horribly when the Judge discovers that the councilman has been keeping a slush fund, and decides that to be punishable by death. The Judge also attempts to kill The Penguin, Killer Croc, and Two-Face — even though all Penguin, Croc, and Two-Face had done was participate in a black-market jewel deal and manage to avoid getting caught for it. At the end of the episode, when the Judge is unmasked, he turns out to be Two-Face, who had developed a third identity that subsequently targeted for death his two other identities.
- Dirty Coward: J. Carroll Corcoran
- Knight Templar / Well-Intentioned Extremist: The Judge, who is determined to punish the criminals and corrupt of Gotham City but unlike Batman, is perfectly willing to kill them to get the job done.
- Madness Mantra: At the end of the episode, after being asked by The Judge how he pleads, Two-Face repeatedly mumbles, "Guilty... guilty... guilty..."
- Second Super-Identity: The Judge to Harvey Dent/Two-Face.
- Tomato Surprise: The Judge is Harvey Dent, repressed by Big Bad Harv for so long that he developed into a third personality.
- Unwilling Suspension: Raven and Lark (the Penguin's female bodyguards) hanging bound and gagged from the ceiling after being subdued by the Judge.