Recap: The Cure
Reed has come up with a new plan to return Ben to normal—a plan which actually works. The downside is that he can't remember anything that happened since the shuttle launch. With the Thing out of the team, Johnny sets up auditions for a new member of the Fantastic Four, which ends up introducing them to She-Hulk. Then the team is captured by the Mole Man. Can the depowered Ben save the day?
This episode contains examples of the following trope a:
- Beware the Nice Ones: She-Hulk is a shy, softspoken woman—until she Hulks out.
- Brought Down to Normal: Ben, for the duration of the episode.
- The Cameo: Squirrel Girl appears as one of the potential replacements.
- Continuity Nod: When Ben goes after the team, he drives an early bathtub-like version of the Fantasticar, which resembles one in the early comics.
- Did Not See That Coming: The Mole Man strapped She-Hulk to a bomb, which will detonate if she uses her strength to pry the restraints off. He apparently didn't know that she can shift to her (smaller) human form and back at will.
- Distaff Counterpart: She-Hulk to the Hulk. She specifically mentions that he's her cousin.
- In Medias Res: When the episode starts, the new FF are fighting on the TV. Ben, clad in civilian clothes, sits watching them and softly says, "It's clobberin' time."
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Ben, after Reed's "cure". Also, at the end, after returning to normal, he seems to remember nothing about his time while cured.
- Neck Lift: Actually more like Face Lift...She-Hulk does this to Johnny after he first taunts her alter-ego about her capability, growling, "How's this, Hot Stuff?"
- No One Gets Left Behind: Ben's determination to go after his teammates suggests this.Ben: I may not have powers, but Ben Grimm never leaves his team behind.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Johnny, when he first taunts She-Hulk into coming out.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Alicia's speech to Ben rings of this.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: naturally. She-Hulk even says this to a Moloid in the episode.She-Hulk: Don't make me angry, big guy. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!