Recap / The Aquabats! Super Show! S1 E11 "Night of the Cactus"
Somewhere, at a desert campsite...
A guy named Ronmark has hired the Aquabats to sing a love song for him and his ex-girlfriend Zelga so she'll take him back. Neither party is fond of the other, but they try to remain professional. When Zelga arrives, the band is too distracted by the couples goofy names and miss their cue to okay their song. Coincidentally, a meteor flies by, looking beautiful in the night sky; Zelga thinks Ronmark planned it and immediately takes him back. Before leaving, Ronmark informs the Aquabats that he won't be paying them.
The meteor lands nearby, with it's otherworldy presence mutating a nearby cactus into a humanoid monster.
- Body Horror: The Commander touches the meteor and has his arm mutate so grotesquely, he'd rather have it cut off than wait for a cure.
- Butt-Monkey: Ronmark. And THANK GOD for it.
- Jerkass Has a Point: While Ronmark is a complete clownbag, he was justified in not paying the Aquabats. They were just standing around making fun of his and Zalga's names when they were supposed to be playing, as much as he deserves the mockery.
- Never My Fault: Ronmark can never admit any of the many things he does wrong.
- The Scrappy: Invoked with Ronmark, who hires the Aquabats but refuses to pay them after making them wait for several hours in a tent, can't remember details about his ex-girlfriend Zelga, and is generally rude and obnoxious. This leads to many a wonderful moment where he's abused.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Say it with me, folks; RONMARK.