Somewhere, at a desert campsite...
A guy named Ronmark has hired the Aquabats to sing a love song for him and his ex-girlfriend Zelga so she'll take him back. Neither party is fond of the other, but they try to remain professional. When Zelga arrives, the band is too distracted by the couples goofy names and miss their cue to okay their song. Coincidentally, a meteor flies by, looking beautiful in the night sky; Zelga thinks Ronmark planned it and immediately takes him back. Before leaving, Ronmark informs the Aquabats that he won't be paying them.
The meteor lands nearby, with it's otherworldy presence mutatiing a nearby cactus into a humanoid monster.
- Best Known for the Fanservice: Cactus? Isn't this the episode with that obnoxious jerk, Ronmark?
- Body Horror: The Commander touches the meteor and has his arm mutate so grotesquely, he'd rather have it cut off than wait for a cure.
- Butt Monkey: Ronmark. And THANK GOD for it.
- Jerkass Has a Point: While Ronmark did make the 'Bats stand around for several hours and refuse to pay them, they didn't play their song when he signalled, instead laughing at his and Zelga's names. It doesn't make Ronmark any more likeable, but they didn't earn their pay.
- Never My Fault: Ronmark can never admit any of the many things he does wrong.
- The Scrappy: Invoked with Ronmark, who hires teh Aquabats but refuses to pay them after making them wait for several hours in a tent, can't remember details about his ex-girlfriend Zelga, and is generally rude and obnoxious. This leads to many a wonderful moment where he's abused.
- Who Would Take Him Back: Subverted. Zelga does briefly take Ronmark back after she mistakes a meteor for something romantic he arranged. It doesn't take her long to realize this was a mistake, though.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Say it with me, folks; RONMARK.