Red Claw kidnaps Alfred and his old colleague, Frederick, for the code to a nuclear missile
- Empty Quiver
- Ignored Confession: Red Claw demands a password from Alfred. Alfred just ignores her and starts reciting "The Lion and the Unicorn", from the Wonderland books. Even when drugged up on truth serum, he continues reciting the poem. Unlike most cases of this, she does eventually realize that the password is "The Lion and the Unicorn"... it just takes her a while.
- Mathematician's Answer: Played with. Alfred and Frederick had been captured and injected with Truth Serum. When the serum starts to take effect, Alfred appears to be drunk off it. When Red Claw asks, "What's the second password?", he replies "The lion and the unicorn..." Turns out Alfred was faking inebriation as the password was exactly what he said.
- The Password Is Always Swordfish: The two-part password to arm a nuclear warhead based in the UK is the address of the missile silo and "the lion and the unicorn", famous symbols of England.
- Retired Badass: It's revealed that Alfred spent time as a British government operative many years ago and, even though his primary duties were behind a desk, he amassed quite a few skills.
- Truth Serum: Red Claw injects Alfred and "Cousin Freddie" with a serum.