- Bourgeois Bohemian: Though usually simply an Upper-Class Twit, Bruce Wayne's (platonic) friend Veronica Vreeland also donated much of her family's fortunes to conservationist causes, sometimes at fancy public events held to promote those causes. Selina Kyle, who considers herself a true animal-rights activist, observed that Veronica could possibly be getting involved in those causes because she feels tremendous guilt about all the endangered species her ancestors shot when they were big-game hunters.
- Chronic Villainy: Catwoman admits that she can't resist thievery and that the threat of prison is meaningless if she feels like not being able to steal is already restricting.
- The Dragon: Catwoman briefly serves this role to Scarface.
- Face-Heel Turn: While Catwoman does help out the Bat-Family for her own self-interests in later appearances, she never returns to the side of good after this episode.
- Hope Spot: The ventriloquist shuts off the saw blade just before Scarface gets shredded up, but then Catwoman drops a ton of logs on him.
- Ironic Echo: "I am the cat who walks by herself."
- Never My Fault: Catwoman, called out by Batman.Catwoman: (after being played by the Ventriloquist) He took my freedom away!
Batman: No, you gave it up.
- Unwitting Pawn: Catwoman herself.