Three wealthy playboys enter a life of crime for the fun of it.
- The Beautiful Elite: The Trio certainly see themselves this way.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Trio.
- Bribe Backfire: At the conclusion, Fox tries to pay off Batman with $10 million, explaining that it "buys a lot of batarangs." Batman refuses not just because he already has a lot of batarangs, but because he refuses to let Fox just buy his way out of his troubles.
- For the Evulz: Batman considers the Terrible Trio worse than the Joker, who at least has the excuse of being insane.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: There's a very clear implication of impending Prison Rape in the final scene.
- Gilligan Cut: A dramatic example: the end has the rich playboy Warren declaring his family's lawyers will undoubtedly get him off as Batman apprehends him. The very next scene is him being pushed into a jail cell.
- Jerkass: Warren
- Land, Sea, Sky: The eponymous trio from the comics. They all are bored, rich men who inherited family fortunes from oil (land), a shipping magnate (sea), and an aerodynamics firm (air).
- Money to Throw Away: Happens with the wealthy trio throwing out the takings from their latest robbery to slow down the pursuing Batmobile.
- Nice to the Waiter: Bruce Wayne is this, which becomes more evident in contrast to the trio's civilian identites. He's the only one who'd thank servants. One of the trio members mockingly joked Bruce would thank the garbage man for taking the garbage away. Bruce said he does when he meets him.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Warren justifies the Trio's crimes by claiming that they are the ubermenschen of Gotham, inherently superior and therefore entitled to do as they please.
- Rich Boredom: That's what drove the Terrible Trio into a life of crime.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: The leader of the Terrible Trio tried to pull this when Batman caught him. When Batman refused the bribe, he claimed he could use his money to walk away anyway. One Gilligan Cut later, he was being pushed into a cell.
- Shark Man: Gunther Hardwicke, a.k.a. Shark.
- Smug Snake: The Terrible Trio, especially Fox, who seems to have trouble not lording it over "the little people".
- What Happened to the Mouse?: They never said if the Girlfriend's father ever recovered from his coma. Not to mention after Batman rescues her she is never seen again.