When a Jade Cat Statue is stolen, Batgirl immediately suspects Catwoman. It turns out Catwoman was framed, so the two set out to find the real culprit.
- Clear My Name: Catwoman
- Dangerously Genre Savvy:
- This exchange with Roland Daggett:
Batgirl: So what are you going to do, leave us hanging over one of these vats with acid burning through the rope?
Daggett: (evil chortle) If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that you crime-fighting types are very resourceful. So I'll just have my men shoot you and throw your bodies into the vats.
- He also infringes on another supervillain's "theme" by intentionally stealing a jade cat from a museum when there were more valuable items, as the police would conclude that Catwoman was the thief. This is exactly what both Robin and Batgirl initially conclude, before Catwoman points out that the theft isn't her style. But she nearly ends up taking it anyway.
- Her Code Name Was Mary Sue: Though not an actual book, script, or screenplay, Barbara has a dream at the beginning where she saves Batman from Two-Face, Penguin, and The Joker single-handedly. Just as they're about to make out, Dick Grayson wakes her from her nap.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero
Robin: Well, you were a lot of help.
Batgirl: I tried to tell you she didn't steal the jade cat.
Robin: How do you know that?
Batgirl: I just... know. That's all.
Robin: Oh, well, thank you, Miss Psychic. And you call yourself a crime-fighter.
Batgirl: Well, if you'd just listen to me instead of just barging in—
Robin: Just don't get in my way again, okay? (shoots his grabbling hook and swings off)
Batgirl: (walks away in a huff) Dork!
- Right in Front of Me: When trying to convince Batgirl to join her, Catwoman argues that they'd have no trouble running rings around the "joke" cops led by "that senile fool Gordon".
- Silly Rabbit, Idealism Is for Kids!: Catwoman is about to drop Daggett into an acid vat, taunting him that now he knows how she felt when he infected her with a deadly virus. Batgirl objects that that will reduce her to his level. Catwoman tells her to "grow up".
- Villain Exit Stage Left: At the end, as the police cart her off, Catwoman somehow forces them out of the squadcar and drives away herself. Robin tries to give chase, but Batgirl grabs him by the cape, reasoning that they'd encounter her again sometime.
- We Can Rule Together: Catwoman to Batgirl. Batgirl's response is not exactly unexpected.
- With My Hands Tied: When the bad guys tie Batgirl and Catwoman up, Catwoman uses her claws to free herself and start a fight. Batgirl fights, too, but with her hands still tied behind her back, making it a very literal case.