Recap: The Adventures of Batman & Robin E11 "Baby-Doll"
aka: The Adventures Of Batman And Robin Baby Doll
- Badass Normal: Mariam. See the quotes under Nothing Personal, below.
- Between My Legs: Mariam
- Blondes are Evil: Baby-Doll
- Broken Tears: Mary "Baby-Doll" Dahl
- Cousin Oliver: In-Universe, the eponymous villain's Start of Darkness came after one of these stole her spotlight. In a Shout-Out to the Trope Namer, the grown-up version of the character's actor is modeled after Robbie Rist, who played Oliver on The Brady Bunch.
- Dramatic Spotlight
- Dynamite Candle: Baby uses a dynamite candle in an attempt to kill Spunky (actually Robin in disguise). Spunky, tied up and failing to blow the fuse, leans and uses his teeth to grab the dynamite and toss it safely away.
- Hall of Mirrors: The episode's climactic scene takes place in one.
- I Am Not Spock: In-Universe, part of what drove Mary Dahl insane was that nobody would accept her as anything but Baby-Doll. Her still looking like a little girl had something to do with it. And she couldn't even return to the role when they cancelled the show and fired her for leaving in the first place.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: Being Baby-Doll is where Mary felt she was truly loved.
- Ironic Echo: Baby's catch phrase on the show (after causing some mayhem) was "I didn't mean to!" à la Bart's "I didn't do it." At the end, she's hugging Batman's leg and crying, saying simply, "I didn't mean to..."
- Irony: Mary's failed attempt as a serious actor was a production of Macbeth, a play rumored to be unlucky (or cursed).
- Kick Chick: Mariam
- Magic Skirt: Mariam wears one.
- Noodle Implements: In a clip from a fictional wacky 1950s sitcom, Baby-Doll had managed to cause a huge mess. Somehow, it involved the dog, a zebra, a giraffe and a pair of Scotsmen on roller skates.
- Nothing Personal: When Robin fights Mariam, they have no qualms against complimenting her moves, while she's kicking his ass.
- Older Than She Looks: Mary is a full-grown adult, but her rare form of dwarfism makes her look like a young child.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Mariam
- Pet the Dog: Baby-Doll does consider Brian Daly, the older brother actor, to be the nicer one of the castmates she kidnaps.
- Suckiness Is Painful: The Dynamic Duo have to watch some of Baby-Doll's old episodes to get clues.
Robin: You know when Poison Ivy had us tied up with those poisonous vines? This is worse.
- Tragic Villain: Mary
- Villainous Breakdown: Mary again, after seeing a funhouse mirror showing her without her medical condition:
Mary: (in an adult voice) Look! That's me in there. The real me! There I am. (her face drops) But it's not really real, is it? Just made up and pretend like my family, my life, and everything else. (turns to Batman, shaking, doll/gun pointed at him) WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LET ME MAKE BELIEVE!?! (starts shooting)
- Vocal Dissonance: Baby-Doll keeps switching between her natural adult voice and the child one.