Recap: The Adventures of Batman & Robin E10 "Bane"
Rupert Thorne hires Bane to take out Batman.
- Adaptational Wimp: This is not The Man Who Broke the Bat.
- Anti-Climactic Unmasking: When Batman defeats Batman and does to Bane what Bane bragged would do to Batman (remove his mask), underneath is... an average looking guy with no distinguishing traits.
- Body Horror: Bane's defeat. After Batman breaks Bane's venom pump mechanism, his muscles begin to get enormously pumped while he screams in agony. It keeps going for quite a while until Batman severs the pump from Bane's head.
- Genius Bruiser: Bane.
- Genre Savvy: Bane decides to watch Batman in action before he goes after him, apparently knows when he's being watched and successfully captures Robin to use him as bait, and is well aware that Batman would chase Candace to her apartment, which is why he phoned her residence knowing Batman would pick it up. What prevents him from Dangerously Genre Savvy was dismissing Batman's batarangs and blades as "toys".
- Gone Horribly Right: Bane is the result of a project by the Cuban government to make a Super Soldier from convicts. You can tell exactly how well that went for them.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Batman reveals to Rupert Thorne that his aide, Candice, was planning to kill him by playing a recording of her discussing it with Bane. Thorne isn't happy, and Candice never appears after that episode...
- Large Ham: Bane: "I must... BREAK YOU!!!"
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Rupert Thorne's moll, Candice, suggests that this might be a way of getting rid of her employer/lover.Candice: With Batman out of the way, Gotham could be yours. So could I.
Bane: What about your employer?
Candice: Accidents do happen.
- Mythology Gag:Killer Croc: You'll know hard Bats, once he sucks that juice pumping into his brain, and he snaps you in two!
- Not His Sled: Bane lifts the worn and tired Batman overhead and breaks his back over his knee! No, wait, that was Knightfall.
- Phlebotinum Overdose: Batman only defeated Bane by breaking the Venom pump, giving Bane a massive dose of his own "medicine". Literally. Bane's eyes looked ready to pop out of his head before Bats managed to pull the line out.
- Professional Killer: Bane.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: Batman realises he might be in trouble when kicking and punching Bane does nothing to him. He switches tactics with dropkicks, headscissor takedowns, firing grapplers at him, and his own Venom pump mechanism.
- Shirtless Captives: Robin is kidnapped by Bane and his accomplice. He is stripped of his shirt and dangled by chains over a tank in which they intend to drown him. Justified in that Bane uses the uniform shirt to show Batman that he'd kidnapped Robin.
- The Worf Effect: Killer Croc is trashed by Bane offscreen just so we know how tough the new guy is.
- Wrecked Weapon: Bane trashes the Batmobile, with his bare hands.
- Wrestler in All of Us: