- Adaptational Wimp: This is not The Man Who Broke the Bat.
- Anti-Climactic Unmasking: When Batman defeats Batman and does to Bane what Bane bragged would do to Batman (remove his mask), underneath is... an average looking guy with no distinguishing traits.
- Body Horror: Bane's defeat. After Batman breaks Bane's venom pump mechanism, his muscles begin to get enormously pumped while he screams in agony. It keeps going for quite a while until Batman severs the pump from Bane's head.
- The Bus Came Back: Thorne's secretary, Candice Moll, who hadn't been seen since her boss' first appearance.
- Genius Bruiser: Bane.
- Gone Horribly Right: Bane is the result of a project by the Cuban government to make a Super Soldier from convicts. You can tell exactly how well that went for them.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Batman reveals to Rupert Thorne that his aide, Candice, was planning to kill him by playing a recording of her discussing it with Bane. Thorne isn't happy, and Candice never appears after that episode...
- Kingpin in His Gym: Mobster Rupert Thorne is in his private gym, punching a bag while a henchman - named Dicky - holds it for him and urges him on. Thorne is clearly getting a little tired, but then Dicky says, "Come on, boss! No wonder the Batman is runnin' circles around ya!" Thorne snarls and punches Dickie in the face, knocking him out. Then he grabs a towel from another thug, mentioning before he leaves, "Oh, and when Dicky gets up, tell him he's fired." Moments later Bane arrives, this episode being his first appearance. When Thorne threatens to withhold payment for Bane after a recent job was nearly bungled, Bane responds by punching the bag so hard it flies off its fixtures.
- Large Ham: Bane: "I must... BREAK YOU!!!"
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Rupert Thorne's moll, Candice, suggests that this might be a way of getting rid of her employer/lover.Candice: With Batman out of the way, Gotham could be yours. So could I.
Bane: What about your employer?
Candice: Accidents do happen.
- Mythology Gag:Killer Croc: You'll know hard Bats, once he sucks that juice pumping into his brain, and he snaps you in two!
- Not His Sled: Bane lifts the worn and tired Batman overhead and breaks his back over his knee! No, wait, that was Knightfall.
- Phlebotinum Overdose: Batman only defeated Bane by breaking the Venom pump, giving Bane a massive dose of his own "medicine". Literally. Bane's eyes looked ready to pop out of his head before Bats managed to pull the line out.
- Professional Killer: Bane.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: Batman realises he might be in trouble when kicking and punching Bane does nothing to him. He switches tactics with dropkicks, headscissor takedowns, firing grapplers at him, and his own Venom pump mechanism.
- Shirtless Captives: Robin is kidnapped by Bane and his accomplice. He is stripped of his shirt and dangled by chains over a tank in which they intend to drown him. Justified in that Bane uses the uniform shirt to show Batman that he'd kidnapped Robin.
- The Worf Effect: Killer Croc is trashed by Bane offscreen just so we know how tough the new guy is.
- Wrecked Weapon: Bane trashes the Batmobile, with his bare hands.
- Wrestler in All of Us: