Rupert Thorne hires Bane to take out Batman.
- Body Horror: Bane's defeat. After Batman breaks Bane's venom pump mechanism, his muscles begin to get enormously pumped while he screams in agony. It keeps going for quite a while until Batman severs the pump from Bane's head.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Batman reveals to Rupert Thorne that his aide, Candice was planning to kill him by playing a recording of her discussing it with Bane. Thorne isn't happy, and Candice never appears after that episode...
- Large Ham: Bane: "I must... BREAK YOU!!!"
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Rupert Thorne's moll, Candace, suggests that this might be a way of getting rid of her employer/lover.
Candace: With Batman out of the way, Gotham could be yours. So could I.
Bane: What about your employer?
Candace: Accidents do happen.
- Not His Sled: Bane lifts the worn and tired Batman overhead and breaks his back over his knee! No, wait, that was Knightfall.
- Phlebotinum Overdose: When Batman defeated Bane, he broke the Venom pump, giving Bane a massive dose. Bane's eyes looked ready to pop out of his head before Bats managed to pull the line out.
- The Worf Effect: Killer Croc is trashed by Bane offscreen just so we know how tough the new guy is.
- Wrecked Weapon: Bane trashes the Batmobile, with bare hands.
- Wrestler in All of Us: Bane, who is a masked luchador (Mexican wrestler), performs a modified Irish Whip on Batman, throwing him with his Super Strength.