Recap: Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 5 Beginning Of The End
The Acolytes, Chikara and Hisomi return to the Monastery with the Second Artifact, only to find the Shredder's Heralds have already arrived and attacked Juto, Kon, the Ancient One and Master Splinter. Tricking Hisomi into leading them to the Third Artifact, the Heralds steal the First and Second Artifacts and attempt to raise the Tengu Shredder.
This episode provides examples of
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: The Heralds infiltrate and destroy the Ninja Tribunal's Monastery
- The Bad Guy Wins: This episode ends with the Shredder's Heralds seemingly killing the Ninja Tribunal and their human acolytes while escaping with the Tengu Shredder's helmet, gauntlet, and sarcophagus.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Acolytes bearly stand a chance against the Shredder's Heralds and their tengu
- Downer Ending:The Tengu Shredder’s Heralds murder the Ninja Tribunal and the human acolytes although the season finale reveals they survived and they escaped with all 3 of the Shredder’s helmet, gauntlet, and sarcophagus. Splinter’s quote at the end sums it up rather nicely:
Splinter: They (the Ninja Tribunal and the other acolytes) have made the ultimate sacrifice. We cannot let it be in vain.
Raphael: What about the Heralds? Why the shell would they come here to New York City?
Splinter: I do not know Raphael, but I do know what their victory today means. It means the end of the world begins…here.
- For extra effect, some storm clouds gather and form the Tengu Shredder's helmet.
- Sacrificial Lion: The human acolytes. They eventually come back, but their “deaths” serve this purpose.
- Shout-Out: Mikey mimics a scene from Titanic
- Trash the Set
- Wham Episode: the Foot Mystics successfully destroy the Ninja Tribunal's monastery, wiping out the four other acolytes and the Tribunal themselves, and gaining all artifacts necessary to revive the Tengu Shredder.
- Youkai: Baku, although the creature depicted here bears little resemblance to a tapir.