Recap / Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 12 Enter The Dragons Part 1
The time has come to face the Tengu Shredder. Gathering help from everyone they can, even those who are normally their enemies, the Turtles muster their forces and confront the Shredder for their final battle.
This episode provides examples of
- Avengers, Assemble!: The opening act features the Turtles assembling their allies for the assault on the Shredder.
- Big Badass Battle Sequence: The biggest of the entire series.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Justice Force is out saving people from demons when Mikey sends them a message.
- The Bus Came Back: This is Hun's first appearance this season. Ruffington also returns.
- Continuity Nod:
- The Turtles choose their old, wrecked Lair that they lost in the fourth season as the meeting place for their temporary allies.
- Hun recalls that he "did okay" with Ch'Rell, even though he was an alien.
- Dreaming of Things to Come/ Foreshadowing: Master Splinter's nightmare
- Enemy Mine: The Turtles team up with Karai, The Foot, Bishop, Stockman, Hun and the Purple Dragons. Also, Nobody and Ruffington are forced to fight on the same side.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Hun, Stockman, and Bishop have no intentions of letting a Tengu destroy the world.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: The Turtles recruit the help of the Ninja Tribunal acolytes, Agent Bishop, Baxter Stockman, the Purple Dragons, and the Justice Force.
- Hellish Horse: The Tengu Shredder's mount
- I Choose to Stay: Casey forgoes joining the fight in order to safeguard April.
"The only thing I love more than bashing bad guy head is you."
- Killed Off for Real: The Foot Mystics.
- Mission Control: April stays behind in the lair for monitoring the satellite feed.
- No Challenge Equals No Satisfaction: Discussed by the Tengu Shredder after he fends off some attackers.
"Ah, I am pleased. I had worried that assuming control of this world would be boring. Now, destroying you all will give me enough of a thrill to keep me amused for centuries!"
- Not Me This Time: Stockman can only say one definitive thing of the demonic activity: that he had nothing to do with it.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Bishop gets rather unnerved as the demons attack his base.
"What are these beasts?! What's happening to this city?! [points a gun at Stockman] I require answers, Dr. Stockman."
- Pragmatic Villainy: Stockman voices desire to exact revenge on the Turtles and Hun initially believes he can weather the Tengu Shredder's threat, but Bishop is perfectly content to put aside old squabbles and work with the heroes.
- Rock Monster/ Kappa/ Youkai: part of the Tengu Shredder's army
- Storming the Castle: The assembled characters' game plan.
- The Team: The coalition of forces assembled against the Shredder form one.