Recap / Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 10 Fathers And Sons
The Turtles are doubting themselves in the face of the upcoming battle, so Master Splinter and the Ancient One tell them a story from their past, when they were merely toddlers yet overcame seemingly impossible odds.
This episode provides examples of
- Breather Episode: Aw, an episode with the Turtles at the youngest we've ever seen them! Wedged right in the middle of the darkest arc of the series.
- By the Eyes of the Blind: The bone demon can only be seen by the innocent, thanks to an amulet it wears.
- Call Forward: "Not all children could resist its magic. These four are unique. We will have to watch them for the future."
- Continuity Nod:
- The Ancient One recalls Splinter's past as a pet of Yoshi and Shen.
- The Tribunal are aware of Yoshi's death at Ch'Rell's hands.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Once the bone demon is visible, it doesn't stand a chance against Splinter and the Ancient One.
- Forgotten First Meeting: The Turtles met the Ancient One and the Ninja Tribunal when they were toddlers. The fact they've forgotten them is justified since the Ninja Tribunal wiped their memories of the events.
- Friend to All Children: The Ancient One finally softens towards Splinter after seeing the Turtles scared of a supposed ghost.
- Hollywood Healing: Averted. The start of the episode shows Karai is still badly wounded and unconscious from her beating by the Tengu Shredder in the last episode.
- Victory-Guided Amnesia: This episode revealed that the Turtles helped defeat a servant of the Foot Mystics when they were very young, but the Ninja Tribunal insisted on erasing all their memories of it.
- Whole Episode Flashback
- Would Hurt a Child: As toddlers, the Turtles met a Bone Demon and when he was in the middle of squeezing the life out of Splinter and The Ancient One, he threatened the Turtle Tots with a worse fate.