Recap: Teenange Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 5 E 10 Fathers And Sons
The Turtles are doubting themselves in the face of the upcoming battle, so Master Splinter and the Ancient One tell them a story from their past, when they were merely toddlers yet overcame seemingly impossible odds.
This episode provides examples of
- Breather Episode
- By the Eyes of the Blind: The bone demon can only be seen by the innocent, thanks to an amulet it wears.
- Call Forward: "Not all children could resist its magic. These four are unique. We will have to watch them for the future."
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Once the bone demon is visible, it doesn't stand a chance against Splinter and the Ancient One.
- Forgotten First Meeting: The Turtles met the Ancient One and the Ninja Tribunal when they were toddlers. The fact they've forgotten them is justified since the Ninja Tribunal wiped their memories of the events.
- This is also how the Ancient One and Splinter met, which led Splinter to have Leo be sent to train under the Ancient One.
- Hollywood Healing: Averted. The start of the episode shows Karai is still badly wounded and unconscious from her beating by the Tengu Shredder in the last episode
- Victory-Guided Amnesia: This episode revealed that the Turtles helped defeat a servant of the Foot Mystics when they were very young, but the Ninja Tribunal insisted on erasing all their memories of it.
- Whole Episode Flashback
- Would Hurt a Child: As toddlers, the Turtles met a Bone Demon and when he was in the middle of squeezing the life out of Splinter and The Ancient One, he threatened the Turtle Tots with a worse fate.