This episode provides examples of:
- Absentee Actor: April doesn't make an appearance and is mentioned in only one scene.
- Acrofatic: Spider Bytez.
- All There in the Script: Vic's name is never mentioned in the episode and appears only in the credits.
- Arrow Catch: Splinter does this during Raph's insult training.
- Asshole Victim: Vic is a complete jerk to the Turtles even when they're trying to save him from the Kraang, and it doesn't end well for him.Donnie: Remind me why we have to rescue this guy.
- Bilingual Bonus: Two examples; One of Donatello's insults to Raphael is that he doesn't keep his back straight while doing "omote kote gyaku", and Splinter explains the concept of "ninniku seishin" to Raphael as the ability to endure insults with patience and humility.
- Bullying a Dragon: Vic continues to insult Raph even after he sees him beating up Kraang droids.
- Complaining About Rescues They Don't Like: Vic refuses to let the Turtles save him from the Kraang unless he gets his phone back.
- Fat Bastard: Vic (the guy who insults Raph and gets the turtles on video) before his mutation into Spider Bytez. Doubles as Fat Idiot.
- Flashback: When Splinter tells Raph the story of how his own temper worsened his rivalry with Shredder in the past.
- Giant Spider: Spider Bytez.
- The Hypocrite: When Spider Bytez called them freaks even though he's mutated into a giant spider.
- Jerkass: Vic, who later becomes Spider Bytez.
- Metamorphosis: From human to mutant spider.
- Never My Fault: After being transformed into Spider Bytez, Vic swiftly blames the Turtles for it... except if he hadn't started screaming about his phone when the Turtles were pulling him to safety, and then put himself in harm's way by trying to retrieve the phone in the midst of the Turtles fighting the Kraang, he never would've come into contact with the Mutagen.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Mikey constantly provoking Raph whilst staking out a warehouse for the Kraang results in the destruction of a satellite TV dish, which sets into effect a chain of events that, thanks in part to his own stubbornness & stupidity, leads to Vic being transformed into Spyder Bytez.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Justified when Splinter teaches Raphael how to take insults without letting them lose focus on any future missions, by having his brothers shoot at him with arrows while insulting him. What follows is Raphael going on a brutal verbal Humiliation Conga, courtesy of his brothers.Michelangelo: You move like a bloated buffalo!
Raphael: I do not!
Leonardo: —and you're always whining! "Poor me, nobody understands me!"
Raphael: You don't understand—! (gets hit by an arrow)
Donatello: You don't keep your back straight during Omote Kote Gyaku! (Shoots Raph with an arrow) And you're ugly!
Michelangelo: —And gassy!
Raphael: Stop it!
Leonardo: Aw... You talk so tough, but inside you're just a scared little baby.
Donatello: Who needs his bottle?
Michelangelo: —And his diaper changed?
Leonardo: What's the matter Raph? You gonna cry?
Raphael: (continuously getting hit with arrows) I... AM... NOT... GONNA CRY!! (one more arrow knocks him over)
- She's Not My Girlfriend: Mikey teases Donatello for his not-so-subtle crush on April. Donnie responds with this remark.
- Super Spit: Spider Bytez can spit acidic loogies. He can also produce webbing from his butt.
- Title Drop: A subtle one.Raph: We're not Kung Fu Frogs. We're Ninja Turtles.
- A Truce While We Gawk: There's an instance of this between the turtles and the Kraang when Spider Bytez makes his debut.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Vic, to the extent that Donnie even asks why they're bothering to try and save his worthless butt.
- Was Once a Man: Spider Bytez.
- Xtreme Kool Letterz: Spider Bytez.