Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 S 1 E 11 Mousers Attack
When simultaneous threats from the Purple Dragons and Baxter Stockman's mechanical Mousers force the Turtles to split into two groups, Donnie and Mikey must prove that their "B Team" is just as valuable as Leo and Raph's "A Team."
This episode provides examples of:
- Accidental Misnaming: The Turtles keep calling Baxter Stockman "Dexter Spackman".
- Added Alliterative Appeal:Donnie: We followed Fong to the defunct futon factory on Fifth.Mikey: Say that five times fast!
- Blowing a Raspberry: Mikey does this to Raph when he can't come up with a good insult.
- Broken Aesop: The episode is set up to demonstrate how all the turtles are important to the team, but the episode still ends heavily favoring the "A Team": Leo and Raph.
- Call Back: Baxter Stockman returns.
- When Splinter calls for a two-on-two training session, Leo immediately starts to say that he'll partner up with Donnie, possibly referring to The Gauntlet, where he claimed that he didn't want to be partnered up with Mikey. The resulting Curb-Stomp Battle references the match-up of the beginning of the first episode.
- Continuity Nod: April's training with Splinter is alluded to once again.
- Comically Missing the Point: Mikey, as usual.Baxter: Once I unlock this phone, we'll see every place it's ever been.Mikey: (gasps) The Museum of Natural History!Donnie: (whispers) Or the Lair.Mikey: (gasps) Even worse!
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Leo and Raph dish one out to Don and Mikey in the Cold Opening.
- Dartboard of Hate: The Purple Dragons throw knives at a photo of a normal turtle (wearing a red ninja mask) in place of a mutant one.
- Divide and Conquer: The episode's premise has the heroes doing this. It doesn't work.
- The Dulcinea Effect: The Turtles decide to attack the Purple Dragons simply because they stole April's phone. Both April and Splinter think this is a bad idea.
- Excited Episode Title!
- Fun with Acronyms: The Mousers are now M.O.U.S.E.R.S.: Mobile Offensive Underground Search Excavation and Retrieval Sentries.Leo: Seems a little forced.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: In Space Heroes.Crankshaw: Rodriguez! And...that other guy! They're gone!Captain Ryan: Well, that's why we bring them along.
- Neck Lift: Shredder does this to Stockman.
- Never Trust a Trailer: The promo doesn't show the Purple Dragons, Stockman or the Mousers.
- Nice Job Breaking It Heroes: The conflict of this episode is more or less entirely caused by the turtles going out to get April's phone, against the wishes of both April and Master Splinter. In the end, all that they end up accomplishing is getting the footclan to recruit Baxter Stockman... and breaking April's phone... twice.
- Red Shirts: The two guys who get killed in Space Heroes, thought their shirts aren't actually red. And, according to Leo, this is Donnie and Mikey's "important function" on the team.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: The T-Phones are programmed to do this when someone says "T-Phone, self-destruct!"
- Sibling Rivalry: Leo and Raph vs Donnie and Mikey.
- They Have the Scent: The Mousers chase Leo and Raph after Stockman sprays them with a tracking mist.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: Done without actually seeming too forced. Mikey and Donnie can't take down Dogpound without the A-team's muscle, and Raph and Leo can't escape the Mousers without Donatello's intellect.
- Villain Team-Up: Dogpound enlists Stockman in hacking into April's phone. Later, Shredder decides to recruit for his mechanical skills.
- Working Title: "Mouserthon"