Monster movies have become a thing of the past in 2105, much to Mikey's despair. So when Don discovers a showing of all the old classics in an old theater the Turtles take Cody along to show him the monster movies of their era. What they didn't bargain on was the night turning into a monster movie when Sh'Okanabo turns up.
This episode provides examples of
- Conversational Troping: Mikey lists every horror movie cliche in the book, much to the delight of the Earth Alien Appreciation Society.
- Dwindling Party: Leo, Raph and Don get picked off one by one by Sh'Okanabo
- Exact Eavesdropping: Sh'Okanabo finds out where the Turtles are by listening in on Serling and Splinter's conversation
- Foreshadowing: Sh'Okanabo takes DNA samples from the Turtles for his own purposes...
- Shout-Out: To just about every famous monster story
- Techno Babble