Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 6 E 20 Turtle X Tinction
It's Cody's birthday, but someone's hijacked Turtle X and is running amok with the mini mecha.
This episode provides examples of
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Serling does it for "It's Ninja Time", changing it to "It's Serling Time"
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Serling 'dies' in Cody's arms. Of course, it's more a case of powered off than died
- Heroic Sacrifice/ Disney Death: Happens to Serling, although he doesn't stay 'dead'
- Let's Get Dangerous!: "Pardon me, but... it's Serling time!"
- Let's Split Up, Gang: The Turtles, Splinter, Serling and Starlee split up into teams to help Cody
- Mini-Mecha: The original Turtle X
- Orwellian Editor: Discussed. Serling's birthday present is a montage of clips from his life, but one featuring Darius ended up slipping through.
Serling: [embarrassed] Perhaps I should delete that one.
- Parental Substitute: Serling recalls how he pretty much raised Cody. Clips in his birthday present shows how he was pretty there for every major moment in the boy's life.
- Shout-Out: Mikey's suggestion for the villain's plans for hijacking Turtle X, and the noise he makes when they discover Turtle X is empty are a reference to Scooby-Doo
- Time Bomb: played straight when Serling prevents Turtle X from exploding at the last second.
- Transforming Mecha: Serling, after he is modified to become the second Turtle X.
- Would Hit a Girl: Darius has no problem attacking Starlee using Turtle X
- You Monster!: Splinter says this to Darius Dun
Splinter: I have met many monsters in my time, Dun, but it takes a special breed to direct such bile and hatred towards a child.
- You Watch Too Much X: Raph tells Mikey he watches way too many cartoons