Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 4 Dragons Brew
Leo and Casey try to stop Hun and The Purple Dragons from escaping with stolen military cargo, but when a Purple Dragon opens a mysterious crate a strange mutant monster bursts forth and starts attacking everyone in sight.
This episode provides examples of
- Absentee Actor: Leo is the only Turtle on hand. This is the first episode not to feature all four Turtles in some capacity.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: The Purple Dragons watch as Leo and Casey pursue T9581.Hun: Let those idiots chase after that thing! Purple Dragons, time to move the goods!
- Dark Is Not Evil: T9581 just wanted to go home.
- Disappeared Dad: Because of whatever Bishop did to T9581, he is this to his son who is presumed dead.
- Downer Ending: The Purple Dragons escape with the weapons they stole, Bishop evades responsibility for what happened and the T9581 reveal happens. To add to the Tear Jerker factor, T9581 is stuck as a hideous monster with no way to reunite with his family.
- Healing Factor: T9581 is ripped in half by Hun's blaster and just pulls itself back together.
- Not Quite Dead: Both Hun and Bishop learn that the Turtles survived the Season 3 finale.
- T9581 in the end.
- Suppressed Rage: Bishop tries to hold out his anger while being chewed out by the President for his attack at Oroku Saki's mansion.
- Took a Level in Badass: As hinted at in "Cousin Sid," the Purple Dragons have gone from a bunch of violent street punks to a sophisticated, more skilled organization.
- Was Once a Man: T9581
- You Have Failed Me: The President chews out Bishop for being useless in the Triceraton invasion. He warns that one more screw-up would lead him to cut his funding of the E.P.F. off.
- You Talk Too Much: Stockman.Bishop: Silence, Stockman! I haven't got time for your servile chatter.