Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 4 E 11 Still Nobody
An up and coming street gang calling themselves the 'Turks' are starting to cause real problems in the neighborhood, so vigilante Nobody decides it's time to put a stop to them. Enlisting the help of the Turtles, he goes to work...
This episode provides examples of
- Arms Dealer: The Turks street gang get their weaponry from Hun.
- Batman Cold Open: Which is rather fitting all things considered.
- Batman Gambit:
- Nobody stages a fight with his informant, X-Ray, just in case anyone was watching. Subverted in that Jencko wasn't fooled.
- The heroes fare better later. Nobody moves the couple to a safe location, while Don and Mikey pose as them and wait for the gang to show up. In the fight that follows, one of the gang members runs off as expected—allowing Leo, Raph, and Nobody to follow him all the way back to Jencko's location.
- Disguised in Drag: Mikey once again dresses up as a female to bait some goons.
- Easily Forgiven: Hun and Karai have had a nasty history, but that didn't stop her from inviting him to the dedication or him accepting.
- The End... Or Is It?: The Turks plot is wrapped up tight, but the final scene is of Karai vowing to hunt down and kill the Turtles and Splinter for what they did to her father.
- Enemy Civil War: Karai and Hun's scene together shows this trope is being averted. Unlike in the "City at War" three-parter or Season 7, the Foot and the Purple Dragons are staying out of each other's way and pursuing different goals.
- Guns Akimbo: Jencko does this at one point.
- Happily Adopted: Discussed. Hun questions how she could've knowingly served "an alien slug," but Karai says he was her father.
- Honor Before Reason: The old man witnesses Jencko attempting to murder a suspected informant. He fully intends to testify and won't be intimidated.
- The Infiltration: X-Ray.
- The Man Behind the Man: The ending reveals that Jencko's suppliers were the Purple Dragons.
- Not Quite Dead: Jencko thinks he took out Nobody with one of the guns, but he was just hiding in the shadows.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Seeing Jencko has been arrested, Hun tells one of his men to try to reacquire any of the weapons they sold him rather than just let it go to waste.
- Pre-Ass-Kicking One-Liner: The Turks break into the apartment to beat up the old couple, but they get a surprise.
Donny: Shall we, Granny?
Mikey: Why, of course, Grandpa.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Nobody makes a genuine appeal to Jencko's men that warns them of the dangers of the path they're taking. It's enough to get them to abandon Jencko.
- Second Person Attack: When Nobody punches out Jencko.
- Token Evil Teammate: Jencko is this in his own gang. Nobody knows some of the other members through his police work and believes they're not all bad, but he tells the Turtles that Jencko definitely is.
- Who Are You?: After Nobody snares Jencko's gun and confronts him.
Jencko: No! No way! Who are you?! Who are you, man?!
Nobody: [picks him up] I'm Nobody. [punches him out]