Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 3 E 22 The Real World Part 1
When Ultimate Drako scatters the Turtles across the mutliverse, Leonardo winds up in a most familiar world- the setting of Usagi Yojimbo
. Leo hopes Usagi can help him return home, but first he has to help the ronin protect Lord Noriyuki from the hired assassins of Lorb Hebi!
This episode contains examples of
- Cross Over
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Chizu leading the Neko Ninja is made to resemble Karai leading the Foot Ninja.
- Furry Confusion: The characters in Usagi's world are anthropomorphic animals, but they ride normal quadrupedal horses...
- Mugged for Disguise/ Paper-Thin Disguise: Leo and Usagi mug a couple of Neko Ninja for their outfits so they can sneak into Hebi's fortress undetected. It works, even though Leo's uncovered green hands and feet should give them away...
- Party Scattering: The Turtles and Master Splinter are scattered throughout time and space by Ultimate Drako.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Leo makes a point of stating that Hebi's behavior doesn't help the reputation of the cold-blooded.
- Shortcuts Make Long Delays: Gen's idea of a shortcut leads them to a cliff over a river.
- Sssssnaketalk: Hebi predictably speaks like thisssss
- Trap Is the Only Option: When Hebi sends Usagi a note telling him Tomoe Ame is alive and to be executed, Lord Noriyuki insists they rescue her, to which Leonardo replies that it is obviously a trap. They go anyway.