Recap / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 3 E 18 Hun On The Run
Karai is captured by Agent Bishop when she is ordered into obtaining alien technology. He offers an exchange with the Shredder: alien technologies for Karai. Instead of agreeing with the exchange, Shredder sends Hun to rescue her. At the same time, the Turtles are lead into the battle when Stockman tricks them into coming by using Hun's voice.
This episode provides examples of
- Batman Gambit: Stockman gets the Turtles to pursue Hun by tricking them into thinking he's looking for technology that will allow the Foot to find the lair.
- Berserk Button: Raphael doesn't take well to Hun stealing his motorcycle, as well as it getting destroyed.
- Big "NO!": Stockman, just as he's about to be punished by the Shredder off-screen for the unauthorized communication using Hun's voice.
- Didn't See That Coming: After suspecting that Hun isn't after them at all, the Turtles get covert and follow him down to the subway.
- Enemy Mine/ Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Hun must save Karai from Bishop, even though he despises her. In addition, the Turtles must help Hun to rescue Karai.
- Evil vs. Evil: Hun vs. Bishop.
- Honor Before Reason: Raph would prefer to just let Hun and Bishop take each other out, but Leo says they must intervene to help Karai.
- Improbable Weapon User: Agent Bishop uses his tie to fight Hun and the Turtles. He is basically of the "beat you down with anything handy" school of fighting.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Bishop initially only toyed with Hun, and it got him a good throttling.
- Narrator: Hun's first time.
- One-Man Army: Bishop, again.
- Spanner in the Works: Stockman would've gotten away with his trick, if not for Dr. Chaplin having set up a communication security system.
- The Glasses Come Off: Bishop when he briefly tosses them to Hun while he's pinned down.
- The Scream: Raph, when his Shell Cycle is destroyed.
- Undying Loyalty: Hun. This is why the Shredder selects him for this mission.
- Villain Decay: Discussed in Hun's narration. He notes that too many things have gone wrong on his watch lately and left him in a weakened position in the Shredder's eyes.
- Villain Episode: This is about Hun.
- Villain Exit Stage Left: Bishop escapes by detaching the train from the cars behind it.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: While Bishop tells Saki how much he knows about his criminal empire and ulterior motives regarding cleaning up after the Triceraton invasion, he's completely unaware that the Oroku Saki persona is a cover for something much, much bigger than he knows. note
Saki: You know nothing about me.
- You Owe Me: Raphael say this to Hun about his motorcycle.
Raphael: You owe me a new bike, fatso!