This episode provides examples of
- Actually, I Am Him: The caretaker reveals that he is C.F. Volpehart after the Turtles defeat the monster
- Deal with the Devil: How C.F. Volpehart gained his wealth
- Eldritch Abomination: The monster: Indeed, if one pays close attention, it looks almost exactly like Cthulhu, some people also guess that the thing is Cthulhu.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Mikey's worst fear is betrayal.
- No Immortal Inertia: What happens to C.F. once the monster is killed
- Police Are Useless: Angel tried getting help from the police but they refused to look her brother because they needed to use the resources to rebuilt after the Triceraton invasion.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Raphael's nightmare version of himself as well as the Nightmare version of Master Splinter.
- Significant Anagram: C.F. Volpehart/ H.P. Lovecraft.