Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 22 Return Of The Justice Force
The Turtles and Casey go on a road trip to track down a rare comic book for Mikey. Little do they realize the story they're after isn't merely fictional...
This episode provides examples of
- Dented Iron: The Justice Force still have their powers, but show their age. Stainless Steel Steve gets back problems in his first fight, Zippy Lad is in a wheel chair, and Joey Lastic gets a kink in his neck when he tries to stretch it out.Steve: You're looking well.
Zippy Lad: No, I'm not! I'm a mess, just like you!
- Expy: The Justice Force for the Justice League; and particularly Zippy Lad (The Flash)
- Mini-Mecha: The main transport Dome-Bot used by both Dr. Dome and Ananda
- Mugged for Disguise/ Paper-Thin Disguise: The Turtles attract and destroy some Domeoids so they can wear their domes as a disguise. Justified in that the robots are reacting to the signal given off by the domes, not their physical appearance.
- Revenge: Ananda states this as her motivation for kidnapping the Justice Force, as she holds them responsible for her mother's death
- Self-Parody: When the Turtles walk into the comic book store, a nerd in a costume asks Raph:Nerd: So what are you supposed to be? Wait, don't tell me: you're one of the Fantastic Terrapin Warrior Teens!
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Ananda to Battling Bernice (daughter/mother), as in the comic books.