Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 2 E 1 Turtles In Space Part 1 The Fugitoid
Stranded on an alien planet in a galaxy far, far away, the Turtles' only means of returning to Earth is to protect a scientist trapped in a robot body from the Federation.First appearance of Prof. Honeycutt/The Fugitoid, the Federation, and the Triceratons
This episode provides examples of
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
- Brain Uploading: The Fugitoid was originally a human named Professor Honeycutt, before his consciousness got transplanted into a robot body.
- Closed Circle: The Turtles need the Professor's teleportal to return home, but he refuses to build it because it might fall into the hands of his enemies.
- Human Aliens: Most members of the Federation army.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Justified through pseudo science when the Professor and his robot are struck by lightning, causing his Mentawave device to transfer his mind to the robot's body
- Self-Parody: In the sewers of D'Hoonib the Turtles come across a turtle ninja master with four teenage mutant ninja rats. One of them says 'cowabonga' in his alien language, complete with subtitles.
- Teleporters and Transporters: How the Turtles end up in an alien galaxy in the first place.
- The Mole: General Blanque's aid
- Trapped in Another World: Or for The Turtles, another galaxy
- Was Once a Man: A non-monstrous example occurs with Professor Honeycutt, who reveals that he was originally a human before his mind was transferred into his worker robot's body