Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 6 Darkness On The Edge Of Town
After a blackout knocks out the lights in the lair, the Turtles go topside to investigate. Once above ground, the Turtles encounter the mysterious Foot Clan gathering ancient artifacts from around the city.First appearance of the Sword of Tengu
This episode provides examples of:
- Big Blackout: The central premise for the episode
- Cool Board: the first time we get to see Mikey using his signature skateboard.
- Hollywood Darkness: Although the supposed darkness is a major plot point for the episode, the city really doesn't look any darker than it does in other episodes...
- Kingpin in His Gym: Oroku Saki
- Power Glows: The Sword of Tengu, when in use
- Rollerblade Good: For this show, Raph's signature urban sports gear are roller blades, which he uses even in battle.
- You Have Failed Me: The two Foot technicians who told Saki that they retrieved the artifact but lost the Sword of Tengu were (rightfully) terrified in delivering the news to him. Surprisingly, he does not punish them. He has Hun do it for him.