This episode provides examples of:
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
- Continuity Nod:Donatello: I don't know if I can hack into that system. It was designed by Dr. Baxter Stockman himself.April: (sarcastically) Too bad you don't know anybody who used to work with Stockman.
- Medium Awareness: Raphael's opening narration about the event is like a video game. Doubles as Wrong Genre Savvy.
- Mission Control: April.
- Spit Take: Mikey does this to Casey when he mentions that the milk he's drinking is 3 months old.
- Theme Tune Cameo: As Donatello opens the various security measures on their lair, he types an 8-digit code into a hidden keypad. The tones accompanying the keypresses mimic the main riff of the theme song.
- The Starscream: One of the signs Stockman shows this is that he's not gonna answer Shredder's call.