Recap: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 S 1 E 21 Return To New York Part 1
The Turtles, Splinter, April, and Casey all return to New York as they commence an assault on the Shredder's hideout since he still believes them to be dead.
This episode provides examples of:
- Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
- Continuity Nod:Donatello: I don't know if I can hack into that system. It was designed by Dr. Baxter Stockman himself.April: (sarcastically) Too bad you don't know anybody who used to work with Stockman.
- Medium Awareness: Raphael's opening narration about the event is like a video game.
- Mission Control: April.
- Spit Take: Mikey does this to Casey when he mentions that the milk he's drinking is 3 months old.
- Theme Tune Cameo: As Donatello opens the various security measures on their lair, he types an 8-digit code into a hidden keypad. The tones accompanying the keypresses mimic the main riff of the theme song.
- The Starscream: One of the signs Stockman shows this is that he's not gonna answer Shredder's call.