Recap / Teen Titans S 4 E 13 The End Part Three
The Fourth Season Finale. Raven is trapped as a little girl to be rescued by Robin and Slade against Trigon. This episode was supposed to be the end of the series, hence the Title. Instead, the show got renewed for a Beast Boy-centric 5th season.
Tropes for The End (Part 3) Include:
- Calling the Old Man Out: Raven's battle with Trigon seems to have a lot of issues finally resolved.
- Deus ex Machina: Raven embraces The Power of Friendship, reverts to her normal age, and gains complete control of her powers long enough to blast her evil father into oblivion.
- Enemy Mine: Slade briefly teams up with the Titans after Trigon refuses to hold up his end of their bargain.
Slade: For the record, I am nobody's servant!
- Eureka Moment: Starfire, Cyborg, and Beastboy when fighting their evil clones.
Beastboy: (after getting pounded by Dark Beastboy) I never realized I was so tough!
Cyborg: You're not! I could kick your butt any day of the- (eyes widen in realization)
Starfire: We may not be able to defeat ourselves, but maybe we can defeat each other!
Beastboy and Cyborg: SWITCH!
- Evil Twin: Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy are all fighting them. They eventually manage to defeat them by switching their opponents around.
- For Want of a Nail: Beast Boy made one off-hand comment. Said Comment lead to the defeat of the Evil Twins
- Little Miss Badass: Child Raven.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Although Trigon knew their mission from the start, the fight between the remaining Titans and their doppelgangers still distracted them, since it was amusing to see them fight amongst themselves. However now that the twins are defeated, he's no longer amused and is out to kill them.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Much of Trigon's taunting used to break her, but when Raven got her powers back, along with witnessing the Titans and Slade actually hurting Trigon in a fight; her resolve is strengthened and she proceeds to destroy him.
- Opponent Switch: With a little Heel Realization, this is how the three defeat their evil twins.
- Series Fauxnale: An adaptation of one of the most well known Titans storyline that features them battling to prevent the end of the world. There's no way they can possibly continue the story after this, right? (At the time it was unknown if there would be another season.)
- Shout-Out: Beast Boy turns into a Tyrannosaurus rex to fight Evil Beast Boy, who responds by changing into a Spinosaurus, who has the upper hand in the fight: a clear shout out to Jurassic Park III. Considering how versed Beast Boy is in movies and TV, Evil Beast Boy's inner geek may have been shining through. The fact that it's evil Beast Boy turning into a Spinosaurus might also be counted as a Take That!.
- Title Drop: Evil Starfire drops one before the title sequence.