Recap / Teen Titans S 4 E 12 The End Part Two
It's The End of the World as We Know It
and Raven has been destroyed
in summoning her father to earth. The four remaining Titans and Slade
try to defeat Trigon.
The only reasons they haven't been wiped out with the rest of the planet are the Ring of Azar, which Slade somehow acquired, and the "farewell blessing" Raven left the Titans to protect them from her father. While Starfire, Cyborg, and Beast Boy fight Trigon, Robin ends up working with Slade to find Raven, or whatever's left of her...
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Robin and Slade versus Trigon's fire-demons.
- Betrayal Insurance: Excepting Trigon to go back on his deal to restore his body, Slade wore a magic ring that preserved him in his current form, even as the fire-powers he acquired were taken from him.
- Enemy Mine: Robin and Slade end up teaming up to travel into the underworld to find Raven, and get Slade's human body back respectively.
- Enemy Without: Trigon creates, or rather draws out dark mirrors of Cyborg, Beast Boy and Starfire based on either negative emotions.
- Taken for Granite: The entire Earth and everything on it are turned to stone upon Trigon's arrival.
- Touched by Vorlons: When she knocked them unconscious in the previous episode, Raven gave her friends some of her power, which protected them from becoming Taken for Granite with the rest of the Earth. Trigon describes it as "a farewell blessing from [his] daughter".
- Wham Shot: Robin manages to find a still-alive Raven...in child form.
- Earlier, Slade's mask breaks, and he reveals to Robin (and the audience) that he's not much more than a walking skeleton.
- World-Wrecking Wave: Trigon does this mere moments after his arrival on Earth, turning it into a literal hellscape with every living person turned into stone, save for the remaining Titans.