"I may not be smart enough to do everything… but I’m dumb enough to try anything."Beast Boy attempts to play a bootleg video game on Cyborg's system recharger, uploading a computer virus to his brain in the process. Cyborg suffers food-related hallucinations while the others kidnap Gizmo and force him to help. But when the operation to insert him into Cyborg goes hilariously wrong, Gizmo and Beast Boy are forced to work together to stop the virus before it spreads beyond Cyborg...
- Artistic License – Biology:
- Logically speaking, a being with the ability to change into animals should not be able to assume the form of an amoeba, which is not a member of the Animal Kingdom, and is actually an even less complex organism than plants are. (Beast Boy cannot change into plants, so how can he change into something with even simpler biological structure?)
- Seeker White Blood Cells look much more like red blood cells.
- Bolivian Army Ending: For Gizmo it is, seeing as it ends with him still shrunken and fleeing the drones, although he clearly did manage to escape.
- Breather Episode: Especially when you compare it to the next episode.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: Parodied with Beast Boy trying to play Mega Monkeys 4 which he illegally downloaded and unintentionally uploading a virus to Cyborg.
- Extreme Omnivore: Virus-ridden Cyborg. To his credit, he thinks it's all regular food.Cyborg(after returning to normal): Ooh, my stomach - feels like I ate a tire. (burps out formless blob)
Raven: That's a distinct possibility
- Expy: The virus resembles Keramon.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: Gizmo and Amoeba!Beast Boy after getting injected in Cyborg's butt by mistake.
- Fictional Video Game: Mega Monkeys 4, a pirated copy of which starts the whole problem.
- Hollywood Hacking: The virus-ridden game that Beast Boy downloaded manages to infect Cyborg's battery charger.
- I Ate WHAT?!: When Cyborg recovers, he feels the effects of eating things that aren't food - an awful tummy ache. He says he feels like he ate a tire, which Raven points out is very possible.
- Insult Backfire: What ultimately leads to the virus' defeat.
- It's the Only Way to Be Sure: When it turns out Cyborg is in danger of destroying the whole city, Gizmo sets a bomb that will destroy the robotic half of his brain. Beast Boy objects, for obvious reasons, but decides to leave it as a backup plan—which Gizmo would have used prematurely if the virus hadn't stopped him.
- Kidnapped Scientist: Since the one who usually repairs Cyborg is Cyborg, his team grab Gizmo and Raven press-gangs him into helping with a Nightmare Face. Yes, for once, it's the heroes kidnapping a villain.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Invoked by Amoeba!Beast Boy right after enveloping Shrunken Gizmo to save both of the from Cyborg's human immune system. Subverted a couple minutes later when Beast Boy has to threaten to envelop Gizmo a second time to get him to keep going.
- Meat-O-Vision: Cyborg thinks Robin is a Robin-sized T-bone. Later, he sees Starfire and Raven as pineapple and broccoli.We need gravy, and PLENTY OF IT!!!
- Me's a Crowd: How Beast Boy defeats the virus.
- Mushroom Samba: Cyborg's string of food-based hallucinations.You're the nasty egg people who stole all my WAFFLES!
- Nanomachines: The virus somehow creates "drones" which act like an army of microscopic Mecha-Mooks.
- Seeker White Blood Cells: Cyborg gets infected with a virus, so Gizmo and Beast Boy go micro and fight the virus. One scene shows white blood cells chasing them.
- Space Whale Aesop: If you illegally download games, you'll infect your half-robot best friend with a virus and almost destroy an entire city. Made even worse because the virus makes no sense—it seems to be a computer program at first, and then it's a nanobot infection, and then it acts like a computer program again. Gizmo, it should be noted, did manage to obtain a 'clean' copy of the game, suggesting that the moral only applies to the technologically incompetent.
- Smart Ball: Beast Boy grabs it when he realizes that an amoeba can use mitosis to "multiply", creating an army of clones to overwhelm the virus. (As he says later, "I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything!"
- Something We Forgot: It's not until after the Titans return to the Tower that anyone wonders what happened to Gizmo, who got left behind in the pile of snot Cyborg expunged the virus in.
- Stock Episode Titles
- This Billboard Needs Some Salt: Thanks to his virus-induced Meat-O-Vision, Cyborg sees everything as some kind of food.