"I may not be smart enough to do everything… but I’m dumb enough to try anything."Beast Boy attempts to play a bootleg video game on Cyborg's system recharger, uploading a computer virus to his brain in the process. Cyborg suffers food-related hallucinations while the others kidnap Gizmo and force him to help. But when the operation to insert him into Cyborg goes hilariously wrong, Gizmo and Beast Boy are forced to work together to stop the virus before it spreads beyond Cyborg...
- Artistic License – Biology: Logically speaking, a being with the ability to change into animals should not be able to assume the form of an amoeba, which is not a member of the Animal Kingdom, and is actually an even less complex organism than plants are. (Beast Boy cannot change into plants, so how can he change into something with even simpler biological structure?) Also, the red blood cells should not be attacking Gizmo and Beast Boy, as a red blood cell's only function is to carry oxygen; white blood cells are the "fighters" of the blood stream.
- Bolivian Army Ending: For Gizmo it is, seeing as it ends with him still shrunken and fleeing the drones, although he clearly did manage to escape.
- Breather Episode: Especially when you compare it to the next episode.
- Extreme Omnivore: Virus-ridden Cyborg. To his credit, he thinks it's all regular food.Cyborg(after returning to normal): Ooh, my stomach - feels like I ate a tire. (burps out formless blob)Raven: That's a distinct possibility
- Expy: The virus resembles Keramon.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: Gizmo and Amoeba!Beast Boy after getting injected in Cyborg's butt by mistake.
- Fictional Video Game: Mega Monkeys 4, a pirated copy of which starts the whole problem.
- Hollywood Hacking: The virus-ridden game that Beast Boy downloaded manages to infect Cyborg's battery charger.
- I Ate WHAT?!: When Cyborg recovers, he feels the effects of eating things that aren't food - an awful tummy ache. He says he feels like he ate a tire, which Raven points out is very possible.
- Insult Backfire: What ultimately leads to the virus' defeat.Viral Core: Single cell organism...mental capacity: zero; programming ability: zero; mathematical aptitude: zero.Beast Boy: [Idea Bulb] You know, this cell may stink at math, but I can still MULTIPLY! [splits into millions of himself]Viral Core: Scanning...processor...overwhelmed...
- Kidnapped Scientist: For once, it's the heroes kidnapping a villain.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Invoked by Amoeba!Beast Boy right after enveloping Shrunken Gizmo to save both of the from Cyborg's human immune system. Subverted a couple minutes later when Beast Boy has to threaten to envelop Gizmo a second time to get him to keep going.
- Meat-O-Vision: Cyborg thinks Robin is a Robin-sized T-bone. Later, he sees Starfire and Raven as pineapple and broccoli.We need gravy, and PLENTY OF IT!!!
- Me's a Crowd: How Beast Boy defeats the virus.
- Mushroom Samba: Cyborg's string of food-based hallucinations.You're the nasty egg people who stole all my WAFFLES!
- Nanomachines: The virus somehow creates "drones" which act like an army of microscopic Mecha-Mooks.
- Seeker White Blood Cells: Cyborg gets infected with a virus, so Gizmo and Beast Boy go micro and fight the virus. One scene shows white blood cells chasing them.
- Space Whale Aesop:
- If you illegally download games, you'll infect your half-robot best friend with a virus and almost destroy an entire city.
- Made even worse because the virus makes no sense- it seems to be a computer program at first, and then it's a nanobot infection, and then it acts like a computer program again.
- Gizmo, it should be noted, did manage to obtain a 'clean' copy of the game, suggesting that the moral only applies to the technologically incompetent.
- Smart Ball: Beast Boy grabs it when he realizes that an amoeba can use mitosis to "multiply", creating an army of clones to overwhelm the virus. (As he says later, "I may not be smart enough to do everything, but I'm dumb enough to try anything!"
- Stock Episode Titles
- This Billboard Needs Some Salt: Thanks to his virus-induced Meat-O-Vision, Cyborg sees everything as some kind of food.