"I may not be smart enough to do everything… but I’m dumb enough to try anything."Beast Boy attempts to play a bootleg video game on Cyborg's system recharger, uploading a computer virus to his brain in the process. Cyborg suffers food-related hallucinations while the others kidnap Gizmo and force him to help. But when the operation to insert him into Cyborg goes hilariously wrong, Gizmo and Beast Boy are forced to work together to stop the virus before it spreads beyond Cyborg...
- Breather Episode: Especially when you compare it to the next episode.
- Extreme Omnivore: Virus-ridden Cyborg. To his credit, he thinks it's all regular food.Cyborg(after returning to normal): Ooh, my stomach - feels like I ate a tire. (burps out formless blob)Raven: That's a distinct possibility
- Expy: The virus resembles Keramon.
- "Fantastic Voyage" Plot: Gizmo and Amoeba!Beast Boy after getting injected in Cyborg's butt by mistake.
- Hollywood Hacking: The virus-ridden game that Beast Boy downloaded manages to infect Cyborg's battery charger.
- Insult Backfire: What ultimately leads to the virus' defeat.Viral Core: Single cell organism...mental capacity: zero; programming ability: zero; mathematical aptitude: zero.Beast Boy: [Idea Bulb] You know, this cell may stink at math, but I can still MULTIPLY! [splits into millions of himself]Viral Core: Scanning...processor...overwhelmed...
- Kidnapped Scientist: For once, it's the heroes kidnapping a villain.
- Let Us Never Speak of This Again: Invoked by Amoeba!Beast Boy right after enveloping Shrunken Gizmo to save both of the from Cyborg's human immune system. Subverted a couple minutes later when Beast Boy has to threaten to envelop Gizmo a second time to get him to keep going.
- Meat-O-Vision: Cyborg thinks Robin is a Robin-sized T-bone. Later, he sees Starfire and Raven as pineapple and broccoli.We need gravy, and PLENTY OF IT!!!
- Mushroom Samba: Cyborg's string of food-based hallucinations.You're the nasty egg people who stole all my WAFFLES!
- Seeker White Blood Cells: Cyborg gets infected with a virus, so Gizmo and Beast Boy go micro and fight the virus. One scene shows white blood cells chasing them.
- Space Whale Aesop: If you illegally download games, you'll infect your half-robot best friend with a virus and almost destroy an entire city.
- Made even worse because the virus makes no sense- it seems to be a computer program at first, and then it's a nanobot infection, and then it acts like a computer program again.
- Gizmo, it should be noted, did manage to obtain a 'clean' copy of the game, suggesting that the moral only applies to the technologically incompetent.
- Stock Episode Titles
- This Billboard Needs Some Salt: Thanks to his virus-induced Meat-O-Vision, Cyborg sees everything as some kind of food.