Recap: Teen Titans S 2 E 13 Aftershock Part Two
"My name is Terra. I have done horrible things. And I have absolutely no regrets."Having decided to give her no more chances, the Titans fight back against Terra.
- All Your Powers Combined: Plasmus, Cinderblock, and Overload are combined by Slade to create Ternion.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass/ Let's Get Dangerous: Beast Boy.
- Dirty Coward: Arguably, Terra. The minute she realizes that the Titans are overpowering her, she runs away. Slade calls her out on this, but then brutally beats her up when she returns to him.
- Downer Beginning: Slade and Terra have taken over the city, all of the civilians have cleared out, and the Titans are nowhere to be found.
- Easily Forgiven: Nope. All the Titans are angry that Terra tried to "annihilate" them in the previous episode, and they very well let her know.Starfire: She seemed very scaredRaven: Scared isn't the same as sorry!
- Eldritch Abomination: Ternion, It has the face of Plasmus, the head of Cinderblock, and the arms of Overload.
- Fatal Flaw: Terra's refusal to realize that she has choices, including the choice to become Slade's apprentice. Beast Boy calls her out on this.
- Grand Theft Me: Thanks to Terra's suit, Slade can control her powers as he pleases, or stop her from leaving.
- Heroic Second Wind: Terra gets this right as Slade compels her to kill Beast Boy. She proceeds to fight him off and toss him into lava. That was a long time in coming.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Terra uses her powers to stop the earthquake, which turns her into stone.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Terra, thanks to the neurosuit. She asks Beast Boy to "destroy" her when he confronts her.
- I Regret Nothing: Terra's opening monologue, though her tone and flashbacks obviously signals that while she says it outloud, she still obviously wrestling with herself if her decision was right or not.
- Killed Off for Real: Slade. Until Season 4, that is.
- List of Transgressions: Terra offers one at the beginning of the episode for her actions, and then Beast Boy offers another one below.
- Meaningful Echo: See the quote in "Easily Forgiven." Right before Terra fights off Slade's control, she says, "Sorry, Beast Boy, for everything I've done."
- Never Say "Die": Every possible euphemism is used, particularly "annihilate" and "destroy." Raven also hints at killing Terra if the latter had killed Beast Boy.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: What the Titans combined give Terra. Slade also does it.
- Redemption Equals Death: Terra.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Beast Boy loses it when Terra moans she doesn't have a choice but to help Slade during their fight.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Terra pulls this during the fight with the Titans and then tries to do the same with Slade. Only she can't take his neurosuit off . . .
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Terra, as always.
- You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry: Beast Boy, as Cyborg witnesses. His tiny green friend takes down more than a few robots in angry T-Rex mode, and then goes on the hunt for Terra.