"My name is Terra. I have done horrible things. And I have absolutely no regrets."Having decided to give her no more chances, the Titans fight back against Terra.
- All Your Powers Combined: Plasmus, Cinderblock, and Overload are combined by Slade to create Ternion.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Raven constantly ignores Beast Boy and mocks his puns. When a Slade-controlled Terra nearly kills him, however, Raven says it will be the last thing Terra does.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: As Slade tells Beast Boy, "She wanted control, so I gave it to her."
- Beware the Nice Ones: The Titans are generally a genial team, with Beast Boy always trying to lighten a situation. Several episodes ago they had treated Terra like family. Here they tear through her so that she flees.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Beast Boy against Slade's robots, while on the hunt for Terra. He takes down a dozen of them without breaking a sweat and finds Terra more quickly than the Titans do.
- Darker and Edgier: This may be the most serious-toned episode of the entire show, with the only humor coming from snarky comments from some of the Titans, and the noticeable lack of over-the-top animation used for comedic moments.
- Diabolus ex Machina: Terra overpowers the neurosuit's control and kills Slade. Then the room floods with lava and Cyborg says Terra started a city-destroying volcanic eruption, which she dies stopping.
- Dirty Coward: Terra tried to murder all the Titans without restraint, but once they have the upper hand, she tries to pretend she's their friend again (which they don't fall for).
- Disney Death: Terra's last stand against Slade turns her to stone. Raven and Robin say they'll try to find a way to restore her.
- Disney Villain Death: Terra throws Slade down a crevice, and he dies either from the fall or when he's engulfed in lava.
- Downer Beginning: Slade and Terra have taken over the city, all of the civilians have cleared out, and the Titans are nowhere to be found.
- Easily Forgiven: Nope. All the Titans are angry that Terra tried to "annihilate" them in the previous episode, and they very well let her know.Starfire: She seems quite scared.Raven: Scared isn't the same as sorry.
- Eldritch Abomination: Ternion, It has the face of Plasmus, the head of Cinderblock, and the arms of Overload.
- Fatal Flaw: Terra's refusal to realize that she has choices, including the choice to become Slade's apprentice. Beast Boy calls her out on this.
- Fusion Dance: Plasmus, Cinderblock, and Overload combine to become a giant monstrosity.
- Grand Theft Me: Thanks to Terra's suit, Slade can control her powers as he pleases, or stop her from leaving.
- Heroic Second Wind: Terra gets this right as Slade compels her to kill Beast Boy. She proceeds to fight him off and toss him into lava. That was a long time in coming.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Terra uses her powers to stop the earthquake, which turns her into stone.
- Hope Spot: For Terra, she thinks she can run back to Slade to regroup after the Titans kick her butt. He then delivers a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown and prevents her from leaving.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate: Terra, thanks to the neurosuit. She asks Beast Boy to "destroy" her when he confronts her.
- I Regret Nothing: Terra's opening monologue, though her tone and flashbacks obviously signals that while she says it out loud, she's still obviously wrestling with herself if her decision was right or not.
- Infernal Background: The shot in the cold opening with Terra and Slade together has flames in the background, symbolizing Terra's Deal with the Devil.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Beast Boy, up until he encounters Terra underground and she begs him to "destroy" her since that's what he wants.
- List of Transgressions: Terra offers one at the beginning of the episode for her actions, and then Beast Boy offers another one below.
- Mayor of a Ghost Town: Slade's forces have conquered the city, but every civilian evacuated. He doesn't seem to have a problem with this, begging the question of why he wanted to take it over.
- Meaningful Echo: See the quote in "Easily Forgiven." Right before Terra fights off Slade's control, she says, "Sorry, Beast Boy, for everything I've done."
- Never Say "Die": Every possible euphemism is used, particularly "annihilate" and "destroy." Raven also hints at killing Terra if the latter had killed Beast Boy.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: What the Titans combined give Terra. Slade also does it.
- Redemption Equals Death: Terra.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Beast Boy loses it when Terra moans she doesn't have a choice but to help Slade during their fight.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Terra pulls this during the fight with the Titans and then tries to do the same with Slade. Only she can't take his neurosuit off...
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Subverted by Raven, who threatens that if a Slade-controlled Terra kills Beast Boy, that "it will be the last thing you do."
- Tranquil Fury: During the Titans' No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on Terra, there's no dialogue during the attacks and they give her no breathing room between attacks. When Beast Boy finally appears, he doesn't even shift out of wolf form to talk, only growling at her.Terra: Aren't you even going to talk to me?
Cyborg: There's nothing left to say.
Starfire: You attempted to annihilate us.
Raven: Did you think we wouldn't take it personally?
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Terra, as always.
- You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry: Beast Boy, as Cyborg witnesses. His tiny green friend takes down more than a few robots in angry T-Rex mode, and then goes on the hunt for Terra.