- Chekhov's Classroom: "I take excellent notes"
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The mummy
- Death by Irony: As he kills him, Finley chides Reggie for being too stupid to pay attention in class and miss important details. Down in the tomb, Stella reveals she survived by paying attention and reminds Finley about what he said about the mummy being a Crazy Jealous Guy.
- The Dog Bites Back: After Finley tries to give her to the mummy as a sacrifice Stella turns the tables and sets it on him
- Evil Redhead: This is Jeffrey Jones we're talking about here
- I Love the Dead: Slight variation since Stella didn't actually want to have sex with the mummy, she didn't really have a choice.
- Jerk Jock: Reggie.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Finley kills Reggie by tricking him into drinking a potion that the Egyptians used to dissolve organs. In the run up to this reveal, Finley chides Reggie for never paying attention in class."Even the dimmest, bovine-brained nitwit usually perks up during the embalming lecture. It's so gross."
- Sadist Teacher: At first Professor Finley seems like a pretty standard example of this trope, then he takes it Up to Eleven
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Stella, for the majority of the episode is pretty mousey and okay looking in baggy clothing and thick glasses. After encountering the mummy, she is smoking in revealing Egyptian garments and eyeshadow.
- Virgin Sacrifice: Apparently they're hard to find these days
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: With the sacrifice seemingly accomplished, Finley poisons Reggie.
Recap / Tales From The Crypt S 5 E 9 Creep Course
Stella Bishop is a full blown geek taking a course on Egyptian mythology led by the pompous Professor Finley, who also happens to be a collector of Egyptian antiquity and one undead, horny mummy! Little does Stella know that she's intended to be the target [sacrifice] for his undead living collectible and is soon wooed by the charismatic Reggie, who has his own sinister plans. In the end, who will be the one to survive this Creep Course?